Senior Software Engineer - Vault Secrets Management Workflow
HashiCorp, Canada (Remote)
See jobs at HashiCorp
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
Senior Software Engineer, Vault Secrets Management Workflow
About the Role
Vault is an identity-based secrets and encryption management system. It helps organizations secure dynamic infrastructure across any cloud and environment. The Secrets Management Team focuses on providing the customers of Vault with a delightful experience with their secrets management workflows. It is responsible for making improvements throughout customers’ journeys (adoption, onboarding/migration, implementation, scaling, etc) in the process of using Vault as their secrets management solution. These experiences extend across cloud and self-managed ecosystems.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join the team and help us take the secrets management experience to new heights. You will have the opportunity to bring thought leadership to the role, and help ideate, design, prototype, and implement features with the tenet of customer empathy as the guiding principle.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with Product Design, Product Management, Engineering Management, Field Teams and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Interface directly with internal teams, users and HashiCorp customers.
- Inform the technical approach and architecture of Vault as it relates to experiences.
- Help contribute to the Vault community by providing code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners.
- Advocate and support improvements to various Vault integration points - UI, APIs, CLI, Client Libraries, etc.
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community.
- Foster a culture of learning through iterative improvements and strong collaboration with UX research.
- Own the full lifecycle of development including design, testing, release, and running components in production.
- Program in Golang for backend and Ember.js for frontend, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have 3+ years of professional software development experience
- You have strong language experience and/or willingness to learn and work with the HashiCorp tech stack - Go, Ember.js
- You have full-stack experience and/or are flexible with learning and working across the stack.
- You have a passion for design and UX.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems.
- You have a strong understanding of security principles.
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager.
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Frontend Code Pairing interview.
- Backend Code Review interview.
- Communication and Collaboration interview OR Product - Engineering interview.
- Systems and Architecture interview.
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining.
We do our best to accommodate your programming language of choice for technical interviews.
About the Application Process:
Please note, as collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Help the world share their story