At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role:
As part of the Technical Program Management team at HashiCorp, you'll plan and execute and manage operational aspects of software delivery for our Platform deliverables. You will drive complex programs and cross-functional initiatives across multiple disciplines, primarily internal platform delivery end-to-end with an eye toward cloud.
You'll also improve cohesion and establish great ways to work together with our Engineering, Product, Design, Security and other cross-functional partners for delivery and launch. You should have a strong appreciation for the scaling process while remaining lean and efficient, thrive in a dynamic environment, exceptional written communication skills, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Through your work program managing, defining workflows and processes, and identifying milestones, you'll enable scalability and greater efficiency with a focus on outcomes.
Our engineering and product team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Expectations of this role :
- Lead coordination and planning for programs and activities to ensure that the processes run smoothly for Platform offerings and programs
- Manage the interaction between engineering, product and other functions by identifying priorities, defining cross-functional milestones, and coordinating delivery
- Work with Platform product, engineering, design, and security teams and drive planning, roadmaps and execution
- Work with product teams to identify and track product dependencies
- Create Plan of Record [POR] / program plan including scope, dependency, risks
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, portfolios, dashboards and communication between project stakeholders to ensure delivery and overall program health
- Establish, drive, and continuously improve standards for processes that promote a high standard for product delivery and efficiency of teams
- Contribute to an environment that's conducive to great execution culture and removes obstacles to project completion
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership teams on priority and productivity improvements
You may be a good fit for the team if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as an engineering project or program manager driving cloud engineering projects through full software development life cycle
- Knowledge of enterprise software tools for build, deploy, and release
- Familiar with HashiCorp products
- Knowledgeable in systems architecture and networking
- Strong familiarity with Agile execution
- Proven ability to solve routine and complicated problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects
- Experience in a rapid growth organization, working cross-functionally with teams delivering enterprise software
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong technical skills, related to infrastructure or platform, are a plus
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.