Sr. Director, Sales - Globals East
HashiCorp, United States - New York Metro (Remote)
See jobs at HashiCorp
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
Sr. Director, Sales - Globals East is a Sales Leadership function that leads a team of Global Account Managers (GAMs) responsible for developing, managing and closing business within large target accounts in our Enterprise focused sales organization. This role will be responsible for managing the sales process around the complete HashiCorp portfolio of software products to key account clients within a large territory focusing on Enterprise customers.
In this role you can expect to:
Lead a team of Global Account Managers (GAMs) in the Region who:
- Engage new and existing Open Source users of HashiCorp to provide value around how users can be more successful with our technology portfolio
- Engage in significant Outbound activity. Making use of the tools available (yesware, discoverorg, Sales navigator, etc.)
- Recruit and hire top talent providing career development and performance management so that team members meet and/or exceed quota.
- Build a solid operating cadence and team/individual focus around pipeline, forecasting, deal review, sales execution, deployment and revenue realization.
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns with multiple prospect engagement points in Development, IT Operations, and Security Operations
- Align the overall HashiCorp solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution and value selling to existing customer base and new prospects
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure strategic commercial commitments
- Build a healthy pipeline of revenue and new logos for target accounts.
- Accurately forecast business on a quarterly cadence
- Regular Air Travel is required
- Accurately estimate qualifying opportunities based on MEDDIC
- Effectively and timely connect with management, legal and deal desk to ensure proper execution of documents and accurate process; and follow instructions or recommendations set by these teams and company management
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- At least 3 years formal sales leadership experience building and leading high performance sales teams that deliver overachievement.
- Proven experience in recruiting, developing, and leading professional sales teams of 5 or more people.
- High career trajectory and potential.
- Consistent overachievement in previous performance and results.
- Possess well-developed communication and presentation skills; able to communicate at the CxO level.
- Significant Enterprise Sales and strategic customer development experience
- Physically reside in the geography you would be leading
- Experience in Open Source Software and DevOps business models is preferred but not required, proficient in concepts around Cloud and infrastructure is a minimum
- Supervise record in closing large, complex deals across verticals in the Fortune 500
- Creation and execution of quarterly and annual business plans
- History of accurate forecasting and business reporting
- Significant experience in selling disruptive technology into focused markets
- Experience in working with SalesForce and other sales oriented tracking tools
- Possess intellectual curiosity
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.