About the Role
As a Resident Architect at HashiCorp, you will be responsible for the delivery of outstanding technical guidance and the successful enablement of our largest customers. Your primary objective will be to advise customer leadership teams on strategy to drive adoption and revenue. More broadly, you will help HashiCorp customers define the vision and strategy to improve all aspects of application delivery, including security and privilege automation, datacenter and cloud provisioning, service discovery and connectivity, and application runtime automation.
An ideal candidate will have a successful track record in customer leadership, focused on technology and organizational transformation. They will have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted technical advisor to customer and business leaders.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Communicate the business value of the HashiCorp Product Suite to customer executives
- Facilitate strong relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Articulate the technical functionality of HashiCorp products to multiple technical audiences
- Educate and advise customer users on how to use and adopt the functionality of HashiCorp products within their strategy and processes to achieve measurable value
- Work with HashiCorp Product Management to translate customer business opportunities into technical solutions and new product requirements
- Partner with HashiCorp Customer Success Managers to identify and manage customer risks and opportunities as they relate to product adoption, renewal and expansion
- Work with HashiCorp Implementation Services to identify projects with well defined deliverables and timelines
- Help champion an environment for ongoing strategic customer success
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Leadership or managerial experience in major transformation efforts involving significant process, organizational and technology change
- Experience serving as part of a key customer leadership team, working with technical and business decision makers
- Deep technical expertise in cloud and on-premise infrastructure management, application deployment and practical security methodology
- Proficiency and experience with concepts and technologies used in software development, operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency with HashiCorp's tools such as Terraform, Vault, Consul and Nomad
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic environment that focuses on providing outstanding customer service
- Comfort working remotely and perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy
- Engineering/CS/MIS Bachelor’s Degree or 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Certification as a cloud professional (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to act as an industry inspiring leader in both customer meetings and public settings
- Stay close to industry trends in order to gain a deeper product understanding
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% (this may fluctuate)
HashiCorp is a company based in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Who We Are HashiCorp was founded by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar in 2012 with the goal of revolutionizing datacenter management: application development, delivery, and maintenance. The datacenter of today is very different than the datacenter of yesterday, and we think the datacenter of tomorrow is just around the corner. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these. HashiCorp builds tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. And we're committed to supporting next-generation technologies, as well. HashiCorp was founded and continues to be run by the primary authors of all our core technologies powering thousands of companies worldwide. We speak at conferences and write books related to application and infrastructure management. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly, and have been since 2010.
Want to learn more about HashiCorp? Visit HashiCorp's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.