HeadSpin enables developers to test, monitor and optimize their applications using its first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud. This platform allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks.
HeadSpin is looking for candidates interested in joining a cross functional hardware team focused on innovative electronics design and manufacturing in the mobile testing space. Our team is responsible for the PBox, a rapidly scaling product delivered to datacenter and customers globally. The PBox houses and monitors the devices in our global device cloud. In addition we’re constantly doing research and development on new technologies for mobile device testing: physical touch screen actuation, screen capture technology, power consumption monitoring and more.
The hardware team follows our products lifecycle from ideation to customer deployment. We’re prototyping novel hardware to enable new kinds of mobile testing, supporting full scale manufacturing and logistics and providing long term product support.
The hardware team is small but growing fast. We are especially looking for self-directed and cross functional candidates. We strive for a diverse environment that encourages continued learning and professional growth.
This position does not require all listed skills or experience. This list reflects a cross-section of skills related to this position.
* BS MS in electrical/computer/software engineering, robotics, physics or related fields
* Experience PCB design and related CAD tools (Eagle, KiCad)
* Experience working with PCBA and other types of contract manufacturers
* Experience with circuit analysis and simulation
* Experience with thermal and power management
* Practical experience electronics prototyping
* Raspberry pi
* Arduino type platforms
* Common sensors and actuators
* Circuit debugging
* Use of multimeters, oscilloscope, etc
* Architectures in use and associated tooling:
* Raspberry Pi
* Platform IO
* Programming languages and tools:
* Continuous integration
* Agile/scrum methodologies
* Cloud services and deployment tools (helpful to interface with software teams)
* Familiarity with Linux environments
* Some overlap with Manufacturing Engineering is a plus
* 3D printing
* CAD tools (Fusion 360, Rhino CAD)
* Electronics enclosure design
HeadSpin is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, or age.
HeadSpin is the first place to understand your mobile user experience clearly
We started HeadSpin with one simple goal: Give developers the ability to experience their mobile app or website the way their users around the world do.