HeadSpin enables developers to test, monitor and optimize their applications using its global mobile device cloud. This platform allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks.
HeadSpin is looking for candidates interested in growing manufacturing infrastructure and reliability as part of a cross functional hardware team. Our team is responsible for the PBox, a rapidly scaling product delivered to datacenters and customers globally. The PBox houses and monitors the devices in our global device cloud. In addition we’re constantly doing research and development on new technologies for mobile device testing: physical touch screen actuation, screen capture technology, power consumption monitoring and more.
The manufacturing role follows our products’ lifecycle from ideation to customer deployment, from rapid prototyping, to manufacturing and distribution, to long term support.
The hardware team is small but growing fast. We are especially looking for self-directed and cross functional candidates. We strive for a diverse environment that encourages continued learning and professional growth.
This position does not require all listed skills or experience. This list reflects a cross-section of skills related to this position:
* BS or MS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, robotics, physics or similar
* Experience with design for manufacturability and reliability
* Experience with contract manufacturer and vendor relationship
* Experience coordinating in house product assembly
* Quality control and testing
* Experience with distribution and shipping logistics
* Experience with rapid prototyping tools and techniques
* Experience with thermoforming
* Experience with printed circuit boards manufacturing
* Experience modelling temperature dissipation and mechanical stress
* Experience with inventory, traceability and cost of goods sold management
* Some overlap with Hardware Engineering is a plus:
* Working with electronics prototyping platforms:
* Arduino, raspberry pi, etc
* Working with sensors, e.g. proximity, thermal, hall effect, etc
* Some experience with software development workflow and tools is a plus:
* Cloud services
HeadSpin is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, or age.
HeadSpin is the first place to understand your mobile user experience clearly
We started HeadSpin with one simple goal: Give developers the ability to experience their mobile app or website the way their users around the world do.