“One of 44 enterprise tech startups to bet your career on in 2019” --Business Insider
“The Rising Stars of QA: Six New Vendors to Watch in 2019” --QA Financial
“Number 1 hottest Bay Area Startups in Fourth Quarter 2018 –SV Business Journal
“CNBC's 2018 UpStart100 list” --CNBC
The Operations team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and deploying the physical infrastructure behind HeadSpin's powerful distributed device cloud platform. As an Operations Engineer, you'll deploy and maintain HeadSpin's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure. You'll also participate in or lead local project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
You need to ensure that our goals, missions and projects are successfully delivered, and, more importantly, that they are repeatable across our global array of data centers. We're always on call to keep our infrastructure up and running, ensuring our customers have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Contribute and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance and support of current and new data center infrastructure.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues over a significant population of affected equipment.
- Help test and troubleshoot new complex server hardware component, Android devices, iOS devices and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS related issues on our servers, OS related issues on iOS and Android devices.
- Participate actively in on-call rotations to support our data center infrastructure, which may include occasional after hours, weekends and national holiday shift work.
- Lead and take part in the development and of processes and documentation for new areas of work or knowledge. Mentor, train and guide new team members.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Understanding/experience of hardware architecture, maintenance and repair. Advanced level Linux skills, including installation, systems administration and troubleshooting; advanced networking knowledge, including topology and protocol understanding.
- Understanding and executing oral and written instructions and learning via training documentations and presentations. Ability to communicate clearly and transparently in English, verbally and in writing, keeping the right people informed of relevant issues.
- Strong people and communication skills, with experience as a team, project or technical lead
- Worked extensively on data center server and networking hardware and has a solid understanding of the infrastructure at a high level.
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or shift work; willing to travel up to 30%.
HeadSpin is revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issue before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over 2,000 cellular networks and over 22,000 device SKUs. Using HeadSpin's service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all of the conditions that their users will experience.
HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, Danhua Capital, Webb Investment Network, Felicis Ventures and Foundation Capital.
HeadSpin is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, or age.
HeadSpin is the first place to understand your mobile user experience clearly We started HeadSpin with one simple goal: Give developers the ability to experience their mobile app or website the way their users around the world do.