Certified Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience/Scribes
Heal, San Jose, CA
Get a doctor house call on-demand and on your schedule
Heal is a fast-growing, on-demand physician house call service, and we are actively seeking medical assistant scribes who want to join an innovative company that is disrupting the traditional, high friction, office-based care model.
The Heal experience brings pediatric, primary, and urgent care to a patient’s doorstep. We empower our MAs to develop deep patient relationships through unhurried visits, comprehensive care, and immersion in the patient’s home environment. We invest heavily in the provider/patient experience while minimizing overhead and paperwork, and through this model, we have achieved some of the highest patient satisfaction scores in the industry.
We are looking for scribes who are eager to partner with physicians and who will play a critical role in driving an excellent patient experience. At Heal, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, including driving physicians to and from visits, transporting medical supplies, charting, taking vitals, drawing blood samples, and interacting with patients and families to ensure they are 100% satisfied with their Heal experience. While you are on the road, you will have access to innovative technology tools to help you maximize efficiency and reduce overhead. You will be supported by a world-class technology team made up of former leaders from Google, Amazon, and Snapchat, as well as a robust operations and dispatch team, to help you get where you need to be.
A day in the life of a Heal medical assistant:
- Your day begins by ensuring your medical kit is fully stocked with all the supplies needed for the day
- You will meet up with your physician partner prior to the first visit and then drive him/her to all visits throughout the day; you will use your own car or a Heal car and be reimbursed for the mileage or gas
- During visits, you will take vitals, draw blood, chart, and facilitate a top-notch patient experience
- Six and twelve-hour shifts are available from 7:30 AM-8:30 PM, 7 days/week
- This is a full-time role with hourly rates and a full benefits package
- Typical patient volume is 12 to 15 patients a day
- You will use an iPad and phone-based messaging services to communicate across your team
- Our robust operations team will ensure you’re supported as you navigate travel, prescription fills, lab follow up, and care management
Skills & Requirements
- Dedicated to providing excellent healthcare and a top-quality patient experience
- Strong belief in the revolutionary nature of house calls and passionate about improving (or better yet disrupting) care delivery
- Consistently exhibit the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and compassion
- Willingness to work in a revolutionary environment that sometimes necessitates last minute problem solving and out of the box thinking
- Technically savvy and comfortable using tools such as mobile iPads for charting and HIPAA secure messaging apps for care coordination
- Experience drawing blood from both children and adults
- Front office medical experience preferred
- Comfort navigating your local market by car
- The ability to lift and carry a 25-35 lb medical kit regularly
- Background check, DMV check, valid state license, and clean driving record required
- National or state MA certificate required with phlebotomy skills
- CPT1 is a plus
About Our mission We want to be your family’s first choice for healthcare. When you’re sick or when you’re well, Heal was created to make it easy and affordable to see a great doctor on your schedule. Dr. Renee Dua Founder & Chief Medical Officer Founding story Heal's founding story Dr. Renee Dua had the idea for Heal after a scary experience with her then seven-month old son in late 2014. Dr. Dua and her husband Nick Desai took their son to the pediatrician because of a rash. The pediatrician told them to rush him to the emergency room right away. After waiting over eight hours, they finally saw a doctor who told them that their little boy would be just fine. The rash that they’d originally been so worried about had cleared up. It was midnight and they were all exhausted driving home, when Dr. Dua said “There’s got to be a better way. Why can’t a doctor come to my home and see my family where we’re most comfortable?” From there, Heal was born. Her husband Nick, a serial technology entrepreneur, got to work building the first version of the app. Together, they connected with angel investors who helped get Heal off the ground. The doctors on Heal saw their first patient in February 2015 on the west side of Los Angeles, not far from Dr. Dua and Nick’s home in the Pacific Palisades. They’re proud of the incredible team of doctors, investors, employees and partners that make up the Heal family. The team is working hard every day to bring Heal to millions more families all over the country.