Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) Program Coordinator
Heal, Brooklyn, NY
Get a doctor house call on-demand and on your schedule
Position: Heal Hub Program Coordinator
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Type: Full Time with Benefits
Who We Are:
Heal is revolutionizing the healthcare experience by putting patients first. We are changing lives all around the nation by providing our service 8AM-8PM, 365 days a year. We provide house calls, telemedicine and remote patient monitoring (RPM) in New York, California, Georgia, Washington, Virginia, and Washington DC.
In under four years, Heal has delivered over 150,000 house calls and has driven over $78 million in healthcare cost savings. We are proud to mention our very wide range of notable investors, including: Paul Jacobs, Jeb Bush, Breyer Capital, IRA Capital, Trans-Pacific Technology Fund, Lionel Richie, and more. Heal has over 100 major corporate clients and is covered as an in-network benefit with Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California, CareFirst, Cigna, Health Net, Medicare, and United Healthcare.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, proactive and hard working individual with healthcare experience to coordinate the continued roll-out of the Heal Hub - our remote patient monitoring (RPM) program in which devices are provided to patients to monitor vital signs in their homes. This program has already been launched and the position will work closely with Heal’s Medical Director to increase scale and impact.
You are exceptionally:
- Passionate about healthcare and improving the lives of patients through our innovative remote patient monitoring program.
- Proactive and thrive on identifying solutions to challenges before they become problems.
- Reliable and willing to take on the responsibility of having our patients depend upon you to deliver excellence on a daily-basis.
- Organized and able to work with patients and providers to coordinate the growth of our remote patient monitoring program.
- Responsive and able to communicate effectively across patients, providers and other Heal functions in a timely manner.
What we need:
- Eagerness to take ownership and make an immediate, real impact on thousands of patient lives.
- Experience with remote patient monitoring and vital signs; liaising with patients and caregivers; and liaising with providers.
- Very comfortable with technology and using web based tools to accomplish tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The Heal Hub (our remote patient monitoring device) program is in its infancy but growing fast; you must be comfortable working in an incredibly fast-paced environment, able to improvise and think on your feet, and not be easily phased by a constantly evolving set of processes sometimes guided by trial and error.
- Excited to apply learnings and help write the playbook on how we grow and manage the Heal Hub program from hundreds to thousands of patients.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to ensuring that patients who Heal providers identify as requiring the Heal Hub have the device installed in their homes in a timely manner.
- Process incoming installation requests from providers by personally working with the patient or caregiver directly, or collaborating with the scheduling team, to schedule installations in the patient’s home.
- For each installation, ensure the Heal Hub devices are paired and tied to the patient’s account, and prepare the kit for the provider to pick up.
- Ability to manage a complex schedule across dozens of providers to ensure the Heal Hub is consistently installed in hundreds of patient homes, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Monitor the schedule, check the system and follow up with providers to ensure the installations are carried out successfully.
- Process uninstallation requests and schedule providers, or travel to the patient’s home yourself if necessary, to retrieve devices.
- Ability to train new providers on the Heal Hub program by working closely with our Medical Director and Training team.
- Coordinating with Patient Support teams to ensure they effectively field and respond to in-bound support enquiries relating to the Heal Hub from patients or caregivers.
- Ability to go out on house calls regularly with providers and shadow the installation process to train patients on how to use the Heal Hub devices.
- Willingness to accompany providers or independently travel to patient homes to carry out installations when needed.
- Proactively update and monitor inventory of devices, and submit purchase orders to replenish stock well in-advance to ensure there are always enough devices to fulfill our installation schedule and targets.
- Act as the primary point of contact for providers in the field and provide trouble-shooting support in an extremely professional and responsive manner.
- Relay technical issues to our technology team and track issues until they’re resolved successfully.
- Provide reports about the rate of installations on a regular basis and work with our Medical Director to project growth.
- Continuously think about how to improve processes and propose ideas to make the Heal Huh program more efficient.
- Independent thinker who doesn’t sit around waiting for instructions and instead identifies challenges and proposes solutions to our Medical Director proactively.
- Awareness that we provide healthcare 365 days a year, and our provider and patient support teams work in shifts 7 days a week, and you will be called upon on weekends or holidays for assistance.
- Ability to quickly learn our internal web-based online tools such as for scheduling installations, pairing devices, managing inventory, and communicating with providers.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Healthcare related certifications or prior training preferred
- Experience in a HIPAA compliant environment preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, Microsoft Word or Google Docs, Gmail, and Google Drive
About Our mission We want to be your family’s first choice for healthcare. When you’re sick or when you’re well, Heal was created to make it easy and affordable to see a great doctor on your schedule. Dr. Renee Dua Founder & Chief Medical Officer Founding story Heal's founding story Dr. Renee Dua had the idea for Heal after a scary experience with her then seven-month old son in late 2014. Dr. Dua and her husband Nick Desai took their son to the pediatrician because of a rash. The pediatrician told them to rush him to the emergency room right away. After waiting over eight hours, they finally saw a doctor who told them that their little boy would be just fine. The rash that they’d originally been so worried about had cleared up. It was midnight and they were all exhausted driving home, when Dr. Dua said “There’s got to be a better way. Why can’t a doctor come to my home and see my family where we’re most comfortable?” From there, Heal was born. Her husband Nick, a serial technology entrepreneur, got to work building the first version of the app. Together, they connected with angel investors who helped get Heal off the ground. The doctors on Heal saw their first patient in February 2015 on the west side of Los Angeles, not far from Dr. Dua and Nick’s home in the Pacific Palisades. They’re proud of the incredible team of doctors, investors, employees and partners that make up the Heal family. The team is working hard every day to bring Heal to millions more families all over the country.