WHO WE ARE
The tech team fuels our vision to make healthcare frictionless and accessible to all through the power of telemedicine. We build and manage the systems that are paving the way towards this new future. Working cross-functionally with other departments, doctors and patients, we are able to create and implement tech that has a real impact on the lives of millions. (Did you know that an estimated 27 million lost their health insurance and jobs due to COVID-19?) Our team consists of engineers, product, qa, data analysts and product designers. We believe that tech has the power to reshape the way people receive and provide healthcare.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for experienced DevOps Engineer who is interested in working with a fast-growing team in building industry-leading health-tech services. You will be working on a small team using cutting edge technology and tools to build and support infrastructure for our diverse environment including customer facing applications, services, data processing, and internal tooling.
You fight fires at scale and continually identify areas for process improvement in the production environment. You are a creative self-starter and strategic thinker who can work autonomously to develop innovative and scalable solutions.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Maintain platform infrastructure as code
- Create and maintain infrastructure as code modules and abstractions used by developers
- Work with development teams on optimizations and best-practices
- Maintain ELK stack for log aggregation and line of business functionality
- Manage and maintain CI/CD jenkins pipeline
- Improve automation, scalability, monitoring and security
YOUR SKILLS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Comfortable working in bash terminals
- Security tool integration at all levels of the stack (ossec, WAFs, iptables/security groups, VPN, etc.)
- Experience working in regulated environments (HIPAA/PCI)
- Experience with Puppet and Hiera
- Expertise in Docker/Containers
- Experience with Terraform, especially related to AWS services
- Used agile development management tools, such as Jira, to manage your own workload
- Knowledge of authentication/authorization protocol (AD/LDAP, SAML, OpenID/OAuth2)
- Experience with load balancers (F5, NetScaler, HAProxy, Traefik)
- Knowledge of networking/OSI model (subnetting, routing protocols, etc)
- Airflow/Python experience a plus
- Experience with HashiCorp products (Vault, Consul, Terraform, Nomad)
- Strong understanding of multi-tiered PKI (OCSP responders, Stapling/CAA records, etc.)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Weekly team lunch
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Four free Heal visits for you and family per year
- Parental leave for four weeks
- FSA plans and company paid Short Term Disability
- 401k plan
The current healthcare system is broken, full of friction, not accessible to the masses and treats patients as another number. At Heal, we understand that healthcare is personal, that’s why we put patients front and center.
We are the undisputed market leader in doctor house calls, using technology to make experiences easy, efficient, trustworthy, and highly personal. We aim to create meaningful relationships between doctors and patients so people can worry less about the process and instead focus on their health.
In under 6 years, Heal has raised over $160m million in investment capital, delivered over 250,000 house calls and driven over $62 million in healthcare cost savings. Heal was named the 13th most disruptive private company in the U.S by the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50 as we recently rolled out affordable flatrate Healthcare.
Join us toward creating the future of healthcare and helping millions across the nation
About Our mission We want to be your family’s first choice for healthcare. When you’re sick or when you’re well, Heal was created to make it easy and affordable to see a great doctor on your schedule. Dr. Renee Dua Founder & Chief Medical Officer Founding story Heal's founding story Dr. Renee Dua had the idea for Heal after a scary experience with her then seven-month old son in late 2014. Dr. Dua and her husband Nick Desai took their son to the pediatrician because of a rash. The pediatrician told them to rush him to the emergency room right away. After waiting over eight hours, they finally saw a doctor who told them that their little boy would be just fine. The rash that they’d originally been so worried about had cleared up. It was midnight and they were all exhausted driving home, when Dr. Dua said “There’s got to be a better way. Why can’t a doctor come to my home and see my family where we’re most comfortable?” From there, Heal was born. Her husband Nick, a serial technology entrepreneur, got to work building the first version of the app. Together, they connected with angel investors who helped get Heal off the ground. The doctors on Heal saw their first patient in February 2015 on the west side of Los Angeles, not far from Dr. Dua and Nick’s home in the Pacific Palisades. They’re proud of the incredible team of doctors, investors, employees and partners that make up the Heal family. The team is working hard every day to bring Heal to millions more families all over the country.
Want to learn more about Heal? Visit Heal's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange