Patient Operations Coordinator
Heal, Los Angeles, CA
Get a doctor house call on-demand and on your schedule
Heal is transforming US healthcare with home-centric primary care focused on high quality, high touch doctor house calls that leverage technology to liberate and empower patients. Founded nearly six years ago and recognized as #13 on CNBC’s list of most disruptive companies, Heal recently closed $100MM in funding from Humana. Having completed nearly 250,000 house calls proven to delight patients, improve outcomes and reduce costs, Heal is led by a world-class team of investors (e.g.Humana, Fidelity, Breyer Capital), Board Members (Former Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs, Humana President Susan Diamond) and management unified in the vision to change healthcare for patients of all ages all across America.
- Manage the Heal doctors during your on-call shift, being the point person for all doctors, visits, routing, dispatch, and tech troubleshooting.
- Every morning, review visits for that day and plot a route for each doctor based on patient needs and doctors specialities.
- Work with the patient support team to make calls to patients for any visit-related questions, concerns, or changes.
- Follow up on lab/imaging and referral orders each day for patients.
- Ensure prescriptions are electronically prescribed into pharmacies and filled for patients.
- As a touch point with our patients, represent Heal and our values with an exceptionally compassionate and empathetic attitude. Deliver on Heal’s commitment to its patients every time.
- Use a software ticket tracking system for triage, communication and resolution workflows.
- Suggest knowledge base items as and when undocumented issues arise.
- Follow the escalation protocol correctly to ensure tickets are routed to the right Tier 2 and Tier 3 channels.
- Train, onboard and mentor new team members as the team grows.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in Customer Service, Logistics, Dispatch, or Project Coordination
- Tech-savvy. Enthusiastic about learning new tools, workflows, and processes. Ramps up on new software quickly; learns in hours, becomes an expert in a few days. This role uses a variety of online tools including complex desktop web applications. We use software like G Suite, Zendesk and RingCentral.
- You are eager to learn new systems and processes. The more complex, the more exciting to you.
- You know how to balance doing some tasks manually alongside doing some tasks with online tools.
- Effective multi-tasker and not fazed by a fast-paced environment.
- You can think on your feet and can factor multiple data points to arrive at the best decision. Able to exercise independent judgment.
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions and are eager to expand your knowledge.
- You like sharing knowledge with others and are eager to empower your teammates.
- Excellent and accurate communication skills, including verbal, written and telephone manner.
- You are self-assured and know how to put people at ease in stressful conditions.
- You have a hands-on, proactive attitude and a flexible mindset.
- Start-up experience ideal, especially in a consumer-driven or consumer-facing environment where you’ve been a touch-point for the customer.
- You have a compassionate attitude towards people who need care.
- You are ideally already well versed in the requirements of a HIPAA compliant company or eager to learn.
- As Heal provides high quality care 365 days a week, you must be able to accommodate a flexible working schedule including mornings, nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- All shifts will take place in the office. No remote or work from home options.
- Understand and embrace Heal’s mission to deliver patient’s access to care.
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy, do-before-you-delegate.
- Resourceful problem solver and analytical thinker.
- A process-driven builder who is thoughtful and able to create the playbook.
- You want to be part of something bigger than yourself.
- Compassionate with grit and determination.
About Our mission We want to be your family’s first choice for healthcare. When you’re sick or when you’re well, Heal was created to make it easy and affordable to see a great doctor on your schedule. Dr. Renee Dua Founder & Chief Medical Officer Founding story Heal's founding story Dr. Renee Dua had the idea for Heal after a scary experience with her then seven-month old son in late 2014. Dr. Dua and her husband Nick Desai took their son to the pediatrician because of a rash. The pediatrician told them to rush him to the emergency room right away. After waiting over eight hours, they finally saw a doctor who told them that their little boy would be just fine. The rash that they’d originally been so worried about had cleared up. It was midnight and they were all exhausted driving home, when Dr. Dua said “There’s got to be a better way. Why can’t a doctor come to my home and see my family where we’re most comfortable?” From there, Heal was born. Her husband Nick, a serial technology entrepreneur, got to work building the first version of the app. Together, they connected with angel investors who helped get Heal off the ground. The doctors on Heal saw their first patient in February 2015 on the west side of Los Angeles, not far from Dr. Dua and Nick’s home in the Pacific Palisades. They’re proud of the incredible team of doctors, investors, employees and partners that make up the Heal family. The team is working hard every day to bring Heal to millions more families all over the country.
Want to learn more about Heal? Visit Heal's website.
Beautiful event websites