Heal is a fast-growing, on-demand physician house call service, and we are actively seeking Nurse Practitioners who want to join an innovative company that is disrupting the traditional, high friction, office-based care model.
The Heal experience brings preventive, primary, and urgent care to a patient’s doorstep. We empower our medical teams to develop deep patient relationships through unhurried visits, comprehensive care, and immersion in the patient’s home environment. We invest heavily in the patient experience while minimizing overhead and paperwork, and through this model we have achieved some of the highest patient satisfaction scores in the industry and 5 star ratings on care gap closures.
We are looking for Nurse Practitioners who have a passion for improving the way care is delivered and who want to get back to the fundamentals of good medicine. As Heal uses our $70M in venture funding to expand nationally, we are looking for physicians who are eager to take on professional development opportunities and deepen patient relationships. As a Heal medical team member, you will work with colleagues who are board-certified or board-eligible in pediatrics, internal medicine, and family medicine. You will be supported by a dedicated personal driver and you will have a world-class technology team building you the tools you need to maximize efficiency while reducing overhead.
A day in the life of a Heal NP:
- Flexible scheduling
- Per diem and full-time employment opportunities available
- Typically see one to two patients an hour, with goals set to drive interpersonal relationships with patients and families
- A dedicated driver or rideshare provides transportation while you maintain a medical supply kit
- Use of iPad for EMR charting
- Heal operations support for prescription refills, lab follow up, and coordinated care management
- Positions currently available in: New York (all 5 boroughs)
Skills & Requirements
- Dedicated to providing excellent healthcare and a top-quality patient experience
- Strong belief in the revolutionary nature of house calls and passionate about improving (or better yet disrupting) care delivery
- Consistently exhibit the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and compassion
- Willingness to work in a revolutionary environment that sometimes necessitates last minute problem solving and out of the box thinking
- Technically savvy and comfortable using tools such as iPads for charting and HIPAA secure messaging apps for care coordination
- Flexible with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must have active state license and DEA
- Senior Patient Care Experience Required
About Our mission We want to be your family’s first choice for healthcare. When you’re sick or when you’re well, Heal was created to make it easy and affordable to see a great doctor on your schedule. Dr. Renee Dua Founder & Chief Medical Officer Founding story Heal's founding story Dr. Renee Dua had the idea for Heal after a scary experience with her then seven-month old son in late 2014. Dr. Dua and her husband Nick Desai took their son to the pediatrician because of a rash. The pediatrician told them to rush him to the emergency room right away. After waiting over eight hours, they finally saw a doctor who told them that their little boy would be just fine. The rash that they’d originally been so worried about had cleared up. It was midnight and they were all exhausted driving home, when Dr. Dua said “There’s got to be a better way. Why can’t a doctor come to my home and see my family where we’re most comfortable?” From there, Heal was born. Her husband Nick, a serial technology entrepreneur, got to work building the first version of the app. Together, they connected with angel investors who helped get Heal off the ground. The doctors on Heal saw their first patient in February 2015 on the west side of Los Angeles, not far from Dr. Dua and Nick’s home in the Pacific Palisades. They’re proud of the incredible team of doctors, investors, employees and partners that make up the Heal family. The team is working hard every day to bring Heal to millions more families all over the country.
Want to learn more about Heal? Visit Heal's website.
Help the world share their story