Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack
Healthline Media, San Francisco, CA
Here’s to a stronger, healthier world.
What You’ll Do and How You Will Make an Impact:
- Work initially in a small team focused on building out a new platform that we believe will grow into a major business over time.
- Understand the business objectives and help architect the product to address them.
- Play a pivotal role in establishing the team structure and culture.
- Build a meaningful business that provides products and services to individuals with health-related conditions/needs.
Why We Are Excited About You:
- You can build impactful software and demonstrate value quickly.
- You have strong CS fundamentals.
- You work well with a small, diverse team.
- You have a great balance between pragmatism and the desire to get things right.
- Highly proficient in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Highly proficient in Node.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and API design.
- Experience with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL or MySQL).
What are examples of work that Software Engineers have done at Healthline?
- We have rewritten our core site (healthline.com) with a React/Node-based site that serves 100 million sessions per month (and growing!) with blazing performance – https://healthline.com
- A mobile chat app that today support thousands of people who deal with Multiple Sclerosis and it’s challenges (with plans to grow to several new condition areas next year) - iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ms-buddy-multiple-sclerosis/id1040195462?mt=8) and Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.healthline.msbuddy&hl=en)
Reasons Why You Should Apply:
- You are psyched (as opposed to wary) to build a project from the ground up.
- You want to be a part of creating a culture within a small team.
- You strive for simplicity even for complex problems.
This Job May Not Be For You If:
- You prefer to have a clear road-map laid out when you arrive.
- You prefer to mostly focus on front-end versus full-stack work (back-end complexity will be a meaningful part of this role).
Who We Are:
- We are the fastest growing health information site on the planet, and the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore)! Over 85 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide, and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families.
- We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We are smart, innovative, and inspiring change-makers.
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users.
- We’re all in for having fun, living well, and promoting good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy.
- We’ve got cozy canine companions in the office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
About Healthline Media
We want to be your most trusted ally in your pursuit of health and well-being. How you feel affects every precious day of your life. Healthline understands that, which is why we’re committed to being your most trusted ally in your pursuit of health and well-being. You can depend on us to provide expert content along with genuine caring. Both of which will support, guide, and inspire you toward the best possible health outcomes for you and your family. Bottom line: We’re human, just like you. We know that peace of mind can make all the difference in how you feel. So we’ll be here when you need us.
Want to learn more about Healthline Media? Visit Healthline Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloud - Site Reliability Engineer
Elastic, Distributed APAC
littleBits, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - TV Interface Tooling
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Site Operations Engineer
Fitbit, US - Boston, US - San Francisco
Senior Full-Stack Web Engineer
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Software Engineer, Backend
drive.ai, Mountain View