HealthTap is delivering universal access to quality, primary healthcare, HealthTap improves the experience for both patients and doctors while saving time and reducing costs for all. HealthTap’s doctor-trained, augmented intelligence system personalizes users’ care and enables an instant connection to doctors and their knowledge from 147 specialties. HealthTap serves its app to employers, insurance companies, health systems, and users around the world. More than 100,000 doctors and 8 million members have trusted HealthTap for immediate access to healthcare.
We believe technology improves, simplifies, and accelerates access to healthcare by guiding consumers toward a more personalized experience, expediting treatment, coordinating care, and freeing doctors to focus on what they do best.
HealthTap is well capitalized, having raised over $88 million. We are backed by an esteemed collection of venture capital firms including Khosla Ventures, Mayfield, Mohr Davidow, and Samsung. Each of these firms is deeply committed to HealthTap and are optimistic about HealthTap’s vision for the future of healthcare.
Being an Android Engineer at HealthTap means…
Making our Android application as functional as our web interface. Being passionate about and intuitively building better mobile applications. Looking for the small tweaks in code that can result in a large positive impact on the end user experience.
We’re looking for a candidate who can...
- Develop and extend the reach of our highly rated (4.5+ on all app stores) existing applications while helping to define the roadmap for future HealthTap apps
- Create elegant code that actually saves lives, and which is efficient, reusable, and easy to maintain
- Break frontiers in performance and accessibility
- Introduce a whole new industry to mobile
- Build interfaces and APIs that will connect with a community of developers around the world
- Collaborate with other engineers and with product and design teams to innovate and create a delightful mobile health experience for doctors and patients
- Create interfaces and APIs that will connect with a community
The best candidates will have...
- A BS/MS in computer science from a top school (or equivalent experience)
- 3 years experience scaling Android platforms to accommodate user growth
- Noteworthy skills in Android SDK, Java, SQL
- Experience using Android Studio
- Multiple applications live in Google Play (bonus for 4.5+ user ratings)
- Portfolio of Android projects either on Github or Bitbucket
- Knowledge of Git and Jira
- Deep understanding of Android UI frameworks, application design, and complex, reactive touch-based UIs
- Agile development methodology a plus
- Startup or equivalent experience (preferred) and the desire to live the dream (required)
- Casual, contemporary, comfortable offices based in downtown Mountain View (near Stanford) and San Francisco (near Jackson Square)
- Caring for our team with fantastic benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Daily catered lunches
- Snacks and beverages
- Equity share
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Choice of technology
- Dog-friendly offices
- Much more...
Learn more about us, our story, and how we are revolutionizing virtual healthcare globally at HealthTap.com. We’re having a good time and we’re making a difference in people’s lives! We are an equal opportunity employer, value diversity and inclusion, and enjoy seeing our employees grow with us.
How to apply
Send your resume, LinkedIn profile, references, and any other artifacts that showcase your successes and highlight your accomplishments, processes, methods, and style to [email protected] or apply here.
Come join us!
About us Our mission at HealthTap is to help billions of people across the globe live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We believe healthcare is a human right, and we're committed to reinventing the way people all over the world take care of their health and well-being- because we know we all, at heart, simply want to Feel Good and thrive. HealthTap, a world economic forum technology pioneer, is the world’s first global health practice that delivers immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7, from query-to-cure. Through video, voice, and text chat on any mobile device or personal computer, we serve hundreds of millions of users around the around the globe with trusted and compassionate doctor information, from the world’s largest doctor network of more than 108,000, top U.S. licensed doctors. HealthTap’s proprietary, robust, and secure Health Operating System (HOPES) and proprietary triaging technology (Dr. AI), powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence, enable hospital systems, insurance companies, employers, and governments worldwide to deliver the right care at the right time, at the right cost. HOPES is now powering the HealthTap Cloud, a first of its kind virtual cloud dedicated to healthcare. We believe in constant curiosity, innovation, passion, positivity, caring, kindness, challenge, excellence, and impact. Above all, in everything we do, we want to empower people from all over the world to take charge of their health and happiness, to Feel Good, and to smile.
Want to learn more about HealthTap? Visit HealthTap's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Director, Software Engineering
General Assembly, New York, NY, United States
Senior Software Engineer
Technical Support Team Lead
InfluxData, Cambridge (Remote)
Senior Software Engineer
OpenAI, San Francisco