HealthTap: A Mission-Driven Company
Our mission is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives. HealthTap is the world’s first global health practice. We connect millions everywhere with the most trusted doctors and health advice–from any mobile device or computer. Launched in 2010, we are the world’s fastest growing virtual care company, and our products are used by hundreds of millions of people. We’re based in Palo Alto, founded by successful serial entrepreneurs passionate about making a positive difference in the world.
HealthTap is a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and the world’s first Global Health Practice delivering immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 from Query to Cure. Our founders come from Stanford, Yale, and IIT, and our team is composed of people from top schools like Stanford, Berkeley, CMU, and IIT. Our team is entering growth-mode, and we need sharp talent to help us take HealthTap to the next level.
What we offer you
- Develop and extend the reach of our highly rated (4.5+ on all app stores) existing applications while helping to define the roadmap for future HealthTap apps
- Create elegant code that actually saves lives, and which is efficient, reusable, and easy to maintain
- Break frontiers in performance and accessibility
- Introduce a whole new industry to mobile
- Build interfaces and APIs that will connect with a community of developers around the world
- Collaborate with other engineers and with product and design teams to innovate and create a delightful mobile health experience for doctors and patients
- Create interfaces and APIs that will connect with a community
What you bring to us
- A BS/MS in computer science from a top school (or equivalent experience)
- 3 years experience scaling Android platforms to accommodate user growth
- Noteworthy skills in Android SDK, Java, SQL
- Experience using Android Studio
- Multiple applications live in Google Play (bonus for 4.5+ user ratings)
- Portfolio of Android projects either on Github or Bitbucket
- Knowledge of Git and Jira
- Deep understanding of Android UI frameworks, application design, and complex, reactive touch-based UIs
- Agile development methodology a plus
- Startup or equivalent experience (preferred) and the desire to live the dream (required)
More about working with us
- We connect people with trusted doctors and health-information, and deliver immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 through video, voice, and text chat, directly from any mobile device or computer. You can read our Vision and Credo here.
- We are a fast-growing startup that's making a transformational impact (while helping millions worldwide). We value passion, intelligence, experience, tenacity, and diversity.
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley, a short walk from the CalTrain Station
- We take care of our team and offer fantastic benefits. We provide daily catered lunches, chef-prepared dinners, and healthy snacks. We offer competitive compensation and equity. We provide full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as subsidized gym memberships, and much more.
About us Our mission at HealthTap is to help billions of people across the globe live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We believe healthcare is a human right, and we're committed to reinventing the way people all over the world take care of their health and well-being- because we know we all, at heart, simply want to Feel Good and thrive. HealthTap, a world economic forum technology pioneer, is the world’s first global health practice that delivers immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7, from query-to-cure. Through video, voice, and text chat on any mobile device or personal computer, we serve hundreds of millions of users around the around the globe with trusted and compassionate doctor information, from the world’s largest doctor network of more than 108,000, top U.S. licensed doctors. HealthTap’s proprietary, robust, and secure Health Operating System (HOPES) and proprietary triaging technology (Dr. AI), powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence, enable hospital systems, insurance companies, employers, and governments worldwide to deliver the right care at the right time, at the right cost. HOPES is now powering the HealthTap Cloud, a first of its kind virtual cloud dedicated to healthcare. We believe in constant curiosity, innovation, passion, positivity, caring, kindness, challenge, excellence, and impact. Above all, in everything we do, we want to empower people from all over the world to take charge of their health and happiness, to Feel Good, and to smile.
Want to learn more about HealthTap? Visit HealthTap's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Software Engineer
Niantic inc., San Francisco
Software Development Engineer in Test – Compiler Technology
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Platform
Box, Redwood City, CA
Senior Mobile Engineer
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA / Remote friendly (US + Canada)
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Software Engineer - Java
Kobalt Music Group, London