Write code, save lives.
As a Backend Engineer, you have unique problem-solving capabilities and a deep passion for solving problems.
Scalability, a focus on the user, and optimal solutions - that's the stuff that has helped HealthTap save over 24,000 lives (and counting). We would love to have you join us on our journey!
Who You Are
- You craft simple and elegant solutions to the gnarliest problems
- You break through conventional thinking and dare to dream
- You sometimes laugh at your own jokes
- Your solutions are creative—and sometimes a little odd—but you always solve the puzzle in front of you
- You iterate until they pull the keyboard out of your hands
- You know there are many ways to solve a problem and carefully weigh each trade-off and execute decisively
- You despise bobbleheads
- On Sunday mornings you’re usually hung over from the previous night’s hackathon
- You are not a prima donna and understand that it takes a village to unleash innovation
- You swear that next year is the year you’ll make it to Comic-Con
- You question assumptions
- You are a math god
- You believe in practicing your art
- You’ve not yet been won over by the new Doctor
- You are a student of lifetime learning
What you want from your next career move
To change the world, one line of code at a time. To be challenged and to learn. To make a real difference in people’s lives.
Why we need you
HealthTap is a company that saves lives. A company that is going to change the face of health care for good. We need superlative coders who can realize our vision on a cross-platform development framework (iPhone, iPad, Android, and all browsers) and who are passionate about big data, advanced ontologies, cutting-edge algorithms, reputation scores, localization, and personalization.
As a backend engineer at HealthTap, you’ll be part of a tight knit team, flourishing in an engineering- and product- centric culture.
- Help shape and define the architecture of, and build the core infrastructure for, our products used by millions
- Help solve huge problems working with big data, machine learning, NLP, advanced search, and the next generation of APIs to change and disrupt the health care and health information industries
- Create elegant code that’s efficient, reusable, and easy to maintain (and that actually saves lives)
- Translate user needs that really matter into product requirements and ultimate solutions that surprise, delight, and make a difference in people’s lives
- Play an important role in helping HealthTap stay at the forefront of digital health, one of the hottest emerging industries
How you’re going to change global health care
Your code will make it possible for people to live longer, healthier, happier lives, and will bring concierge medicine and peace of mind to millions of people around the world.
What you’ve accomplished
- BS / MS in Computer Science from a top school or program (or equivalent experience)
- Highly exceptional coding skills in multiple programming languages
- Extensive experience building awesome, user-friendly, web-based applications using frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django and Spring
- Proven ability to contribute and to “move the needle” in all aspects of a quality-centric, web and mobile-based application development environment (including database design, algorithms, front-end coding, and engineering operations)
- Startup or similar experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)
Source: HealthTap, https://www.healthtap.com/work_with_us/jobs
About us Our mission at HealthTap is to help billions of people across the globe live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We believe healthcare is a human right, and we're committed to reinventing the way people all over the world take care of their health and well-being- because we know we all, at heart, simply want to Feel Good and thrive. HealthTap, a world economic forum technology pioneer, is the world’s first global health practice that delivers immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7, from query-to-cure. Through video, voice, and text chat on any mobile device or personal computer, we serve hundreds of millions of users around the around the globe with trusted and compassionate doctor information, from the world’s largest doctor network of more than 108,000, top U.S. licensed doctors. HealthTap’s proprietary, robust, and secure Health Operating System (HOPES) and proprietary triaging technology (Dr. AI), powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence, enable hospital systems, insurance companies, employers, and governments worldwide to deliver the right care at the right time, at the right cost. HOPES is now powering the HealthTap Cloud, a first of its kind virtual cloud dedicated to healthcare. We believe in constant curiosity, innovation, passion, positivity, caring, kindness, challenge, excellence, and impact. Above all, in everything we do, we want to empower people from all over the world to take charge of their health and happiness, to Feel Good, and to smile.
Want to learn more about HealthTap? Visit HealthTap's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
RealtyShares, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
The Sourcery, Angaza
Agile Practice Lead - Product Design
Pivotal Software, Anywhere in the USA
Test Automation Engineer
Udemy, Turkey, Ankara
Purchasing & Logistics agent - contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Haifa, Israel
Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
Classy, San Diego Headquarters