HealthTap is hiring a Customer Support Lead!
Our mission is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives. HealthTap is the world’s first global health practice. We connect millions everywhere with the most trusted doctors and health advice–from any mobile device or computer. Launched in 2010, we are the world’s fastest growing virtual care company, and our products are used by hundreds of millions of people. We’re based in Palo Alto and San Francisco, founded by successful serial entrepreneurs passionate about making a positive difference in the world. HealthTap is a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and the world’s first Global Health Practice delivering immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 from Query to Cure. Our team is entering growth-mode, and we need sharp talent to help us take HealthTap to the next level.
Create the foundation and framework for building out a world-class support organization by owning support metrics, creating scalable systems, and serving as an escalation point for doctor-side support.
This is a jack-of-all-trades support role and is perfect for someone who enjoys doing a little bit of everything. You will be the first support hire dedicated to the doctor side of HealthTap’s business and will join a quickly growing team that has ambitious goals for the doctor experience on and off the HealthTap platform. As such, there is enormous opportunity for growth and impact in this role. You will have significant responsibility in building out the doctor support experience. In this entrepreneurial role, you must simultaneously dig into the details to resolve support tickets escalated from our tier 1 support team while also taking a holistic, systems mindset to create and optimize support processes, policies, tools, and training. You will become an expert in our customer base and our product and will be a critical link in providing customer (doctor) feedback to the rest of the organization. Your efforts will drive continually more efficient support processes as well as higher levels of doctor satisfaction. This role reports to the Head of Medical Expert Network Operations and will work closely with all members of the Medical Expert team as well as cross functionally across the organization.
- Serve as the escalation point for support questions and requests from doctors from our tier 1 support team
- Become an expert in our software product
- Become an expert in how to best interface with doctors
Metrics, data, & analysis
- Own support metrics and problem-solve to constantly improve them
- Run reports and conduct analysis to identify areas for improvement
Create scalable systems
- Quickly identify policy, process, training, and tool gaps -- and then develop solutions for them
- Create support policies to allow for more efficient decision making and faster turnaround time
- Optimize our implementation of Zendesk to better serve the needs of our support team and doctors
- Create and optimize support processes to improve the overall team’s efficiency, especially handoffs between individuals within and outside of the support team
- Provide feedback and training for our tier 1 support team
- Build out a self-serve library of support materials for doctors
Work cross functionally
- Interface with product management and engineering as needed to ensure doctors’ requests are serviced in a timely fashion
- Quickly identify trends in pain points or software issues that doctors are experiencing
- Provide clear and regular feedback to product, engineering, and others throughout the organization. You’ll quickly become an expert in our doctors’ opinions and it’s your job to make sure that others are well-educated, too
Required Skills & Attributes
- Are passionate about the HealthTap mission!
- Put the customer experience first and foremost in everything you do
- Are deeply empathetic and have a passion for helping others while “holding the line” when necessary
- Maintain a positive and optimistic attitude even in challenging situations
- Value fairness and efficiency
- Love doing a little bit of anything and everything
- Enjoy operating independently and with extreme ownership over what you do
- Are entrepreneurial, scrappy, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Are singularly focused on achieving your goals and continuously improving your approaches
- Are detail oriented
- Have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enjoy coaching and mentoring other staff
- Take a creative, innovative approach anchored in data
- Take an experimentation-heavy approach to everything and thrive in a metrics heavy environment
We are looking for past experience and knowledge of the following:
- Being “in the trenches” of a support organization
- Experience with a mainstream support tool such as Zendesk, Desk, or similar
- Coaching, mentoring, or managing support staff (nice-to-have)
- Setting up or optimizing the use of customer support tools
- Creating and/or optimizing support-related training, processes, and policies
- Building out or maintaining support materials
- Conducting data analysis to identify opportunities for improvement
- Creating or optimizing feedback loops internally within the organization
- Ownership of customer support metrics
- 3+ years customer support experience, ideally in a B2B environment
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in healthcare or working with medical professionals a plus
- Mission-driven company. Your work will literally save lives!
- Catered lunch, dinners, and healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- In-office massages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Diverse work culture (visa sponsorship is available)
- Dog friendly office
More about us
- We connect people with trusted doctors and health-information, and deliver immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 through video, voice, and text chat, directly from any mobile device or computer. You can read our Vision and Credo here.
- We are a fast-growing startup that's making a transformational impact (while helping millions worldwide). We value passion, intelligence, experience, tenacity, and diversity. Check out this short documentary.
- Ask to see our “Introduction to joining HealthTap” booklet!
- Our offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, 5 minutes from the CalTrain Station, and in the Jackson Square area of San Francisco
About us Our mission at HealthTap is to help billions of people across the globe live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We believe healthcare is a human right, and we're committed to reinventing the way people all over the world take care of their health and well-being- because we know we all, at heart, simply want to Feel Good and thrive. HealthTap, a world economic forum technology pioneer, is the world’s first global health practice that delivers immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7, from query-to-cure. Through video, voice, and text chat on any mobile device or personal computer, we serve hundreds of millions of users around the around the globe with trusted and compassionate doctor information, from the world’s largest doctor network of more than 108,000, top U.S. licensed doctors. HealthTap’s proprietary, robust, and secure Health Operating System (HOPES) and proprietary triaging technology (Dr. AI), powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence, enable hospital systems, insurance companies, employers, and governments worldwide to deliver the right care at the right time, at the right cost. HOPES is now powering the HealthTap Cloud, a first of its kind virtual cloud dedicated to healthcare. We believe in constant curiosity, innovation, passion, positivity, caring, kindness, challenge, excellence, and impact. Above all, in everything we do, we want to empower people from all over the world to take charge of their health and happiness, to Feel Good, and to smile.
Want to learn more about HealthTap? Visit HealthTap's website.
Jobs You May Like
Construction/Facilities Purchasing Specialist
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Infrastructure Analyst - Marketing Operations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
LiveRamp, San Francisco
Zipline, Half Moon Bay, CA
Team Manager, Customer Success (EMEA)