Data Engineer – San Francisco
Are you convinced that data is an invaluable resource for companies? Do you get excited when you build and model data to analyze and interpret into meaningful information? Are you ready to add your data touch to the future of A.I.?
Three times yes? Sounds like we found a match!
HealthTap is a technology company dedicated to helping billions live a healthier, happier, longer life. We deliver a suite of connected health apps designed to provide simplified access and compassionate guidance to care for consumers while enabling practitioners to focus on what matters most.
HealthTap is well capitalized, having raised $85m with the most recent funding of $50m in 2017.
HealthTap is backed by an esteemed collection of venture capital firms including Mayfield, Mohr Davidow, and Khosla Ventures. Each of these firms is very committed to HealthTap and are very optimistic about the future of A.I. applied to healthcare and the Virtual Care Cloud.
HealthTap offers the world’s most comprehensive Virtual Care Cloud™, running on our proprietary Healthcare Operating System (HOPES™), and powered by our doctor-trained artificial intelligence (Dr. A.I.™). HealthTap makes our basic services available to everyone for free while providing enterprises such as health systems, insurers, and employers a connected healthcare ecosystem. At HealthTap, we combine the otherwise disjointed elements of healthcare into a single seamless experience for consumers, administrators, and practitioners.
Health & Care. Simple & Accessible.
What we offer you
As our Data Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll create tools to analyze the data that drives our Dr. A.I technology and the HOPES™ platform and the millions of active patients and doctors on it.
Examples of data projects you could work on:
- Build a real-time data pipeline to store and analyse massive amounts of data
- Create and power dashboards to monitor what is important to the company, teams, people, and You!
- Realize the dreams of Dr A.I. - our artificial intelligence powered virtual physician
What you bring to us
- You’re passionate about making the world a happier, healthier place
- You have a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You have 3+ years of experience as a software engineer for a large web-based service
- You have excellent coding skills in some of the popular programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, etc.
- You have proven your ability to create large-scale data infrastructures and support them in Production
- You are an expert in data storage, processing, and analysis technologies such as MySQL, DynamoDB/Cassandra/MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Kinesis/Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, S3, etc.
- You know how to create and implement Restful API’s
- You have experience with AWS
- You enjoy exploring and evaluating new data technologies
- You don’t stop until the problem is solved
- You like extreme ownership
- You enjoy educating others: for example, by writing articles and giving talks to fellow data engineers about how you scaled the data infrastructure of the first global virtual health practice
Nice to have
- You are familiar with visualization tools and platforms such as D3, Redash, Highcharts
- You have a working knowledge of SQL, Hive/Pig, Map-Reduce
- An entrepreneurial background is a plus
- Working experience in a smaller hyper-growth startup is a plus
More about working with us
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, and San Francisco in Jackson Square.
- We take care of our team and offer fantastic benefits. We provide daily catered lunches, chef-prepared dinners, and healthy snacks. We offer competitive compensation and equity. We provide full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as subsidized gym memberships, and much more.
- Learn more about us, our story and how we are revolutionizing healthcare virtually and globally. Visit us: HealthTap.comHealthTap.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion. We want to see you grow!
About us Our mission at HealthTap is to help billions of people across the globe live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We believe healthcare is a human right, and we're committed to reinventing the way people all over the world take care of their health and well-being- because we know we all, at heart, simply want to Feel Good and thrive. HealthTap, a world economic forum technology pioneer, is the world’s first global health practice that delivers immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7, from query-to-cure. Through video, voice, and text chat on any mobile device or personal computer, we serve hundreds of millions of users around the around the globe with trusted and compassionate doctor information, from the world’s largest doctor network of more than 108,000, top U.S. licensed doctors. HealthTap’s proprietary, robust, and secure Health Operating System (HOPES) and proprietary triaging technology (Dr. AI), powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence, enable hospital systems, insurance companies, employers, and governments worldwide to deliver the right care at the right time, at the right cost. HOPES is now powering the HealthTap Cloud, a first of its kind virtual cloud dedicated to healthcare. We believe in constant curiosity, innovation, passion, positivity, caring, kindness, challenge, excellence, and impact. Above all, in everything we do, we want to empower people from all over the world to take charge of their health and happiness, to Feel Good, and to smile.
Want to learn more about HealthTap? Visit HealthTap's website.
Jobs You May Like
Insight Data PM Fellows Program - Silicon Valley
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting September 4, 2018 (Final Applications due July 9th) - Silicon Valley
Insight Data Engineering Fellows Program - New York
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting September 10, 2018 (Final Applications due July 9th) - New York
Machine Learning Engineer
Technical Publishing Specialist
Genscape, Louisville, KY