HealthTap is taking off!
As a Director of Engineering with unique problem-solving capabilities, you have a deep passion for quality, and the drive to build out a world-class team of exceptional engineers. If this sounds like you, please read on!
Who You Are
- Your vision is clear and far-seeing
- You believe that brevity is the soul of wit
- You know how to read between the lines
- You can see both the forest and the trees
- You know how to reconcile seemingly contradictory requirements
- You know how to communicate in a way that everyone understands
- You understand how to smooth ruffled feathers
- You take delight in mentoring promising newbies
- You have a backbone
- You stand up for your people
- You listen carefully
- You give credit where credit is due
- You never micro manage
- You take risks when appropriate
- You create an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation
- You know how to spot amazing people
- You know when to get out of the way
- You protect your team from trivia
- You’re not afraid to ask for advice
What you want from your next career move
To use your leadership and technical skills to build a team of extraordinary engineers. To truly make a difference in the lives of millions of people.
Why we need you
HealthTap is a company that saves lives. A company that is going to change the face of health care for good. We want to identify and hire a director of engineering capable of building a world-class engineering team that will attract talent for years to come.
We need you to:
- Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence within our engineering organization
- Define critical architectures to deliver on the product while working closely with the CTO and head of product to jointly define product milestones and deliver on them
- Track and analyze metrics to inform your efforts
How You’ll Change Global Healthcare
Your engineering leadership will foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence that will help HealthTap revolutionize medicine and transform the doctor-patient relationship.
What You’ve Achieved
- BS / MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Extensive professional experience as a technology leader at a consumer-facing software/mobile company
- Strong experience in: data modeling, data collection and aggregation, data mining and analytics, and Ruby on Rails and/or Java based web application development
- An entrepreneurial nature with a strong passion for solving difficult problems
- Exceptional product and project management skills with a proven ability to synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Startup or equivalent experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)
About us Our mission at HealthTap is to help billions of people across the globe live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We believe healthcare is a human right, and we're committed to reinventing the way people all over the world take care of their health and well-being- because we know we all, at heart, simply want to Feel Good and thrive. HealthTap, a world economic forum technology pioneer, is the world’s first global health practice that delivers immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7, from query-to-cure. Through video, voice, and text chat on any mobile device or personal computer, we serve hundreds of millions of users around the around the globe with trusted and compassionate doctor information, from the world’s largest doctor network of more than 108,000, top U.S. licensed doctors. HealthTap’s proprietary, robust, and secure Health Operating System (HOPES) and proprietary triaging technology (Dr. AI), powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence, enable hospital systems, insurance companies, employers, and governments worldwide to deliver the right care at the right time, at the right cost. HOPES is now powering the HealthTap Cloud, a first of its kind virtual cloud dedicated to healthcare. We believe in constant curiosity, innovation, passion, positivity, caring, kindness, challenge, excellence, and impact. Above all, in everything we do, we want to empower people from all over the world to take charge of their health and happiness, to Feel Good, and to smile.
Want to learn more about HealthTap? Visit HealthTap's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer: Backend (CS Tech)
Postmates, San Francisco
Full Stack Software Developer - Growth
Senior Concept Artist- Character
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
RabbitMQ Messaging Specialist
Pivotal Software, London, United Kingdom
Venmo, New York
Hardware Technician Contractor
drive.ai, Mountain View