HealthTap is taking off!
HealthTap needs someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who loves driving results, collaboration efforts, and working on core infrastructure scalability. As a Director of Engineering with unique problem-solving capabilities, you have a deep passion for quality, scalable APIs. You also have experience in building and managing a world-class team of exceptional engineers.
- Capacity to be hands-on and highly technical
- Experience in building, working with, and understanding scalable infrastructure and API Development
- Knowledge and experience of hosted infrastructure, with AWS preferred
- Extensive use of backend languages, with Ruby preferred
- Skills in managing multiple teams, with a capacity to manage a geographically diverse team preferred
- Passion for HealthTap’s mission
- Ability to reconcile seemingly contradictory requirements
What you want from your next career move
To use your leadership and technical skills to build a team of extraordinary engineers. To truly make a difference in the lives of millions of people.
Why we need you
HealthTap is a company that saves lives. A company that is going to change the face of health care for good. We want to identify and hire a director of engineering capable of building a world-class engineering team that will attract talent for years to come.
We need you to:
- Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence within our engineering organization
- Define critical architectures to deliver on the product while working closely with the CTO and head of product to jointly define product milestones and deliver on them
- Track and analyze metrics to inform your efforts
How You’ll Change Global Healthcare
Your engineering leadership will foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence that will help HealthTap revolutionize medicine and transform the doctor-patient relationship.
What You’ve Achieved
- BS / MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Extensive professional experience as a technology leader at a consumer-facing software/mobile company
- Strong experience in: API development, Ruby on Rails and/or Java based web application development, AWS, and building out scalable infrastructure
- An entrepreneurial nature with a strong passion for solving difficult problems
- Exceptional product and project management skills with a proven ability to synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Startup or equivalent experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)
More about working with us
- We connect people with trusted doctors and health-information, and deliver immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7 through video, voice, and text chat, directly from any mobile device or computer. You can read our Vision and Credo here.
- We are a fast-growing startup that's making a transformational impact (while helping millions worldwide). We value passion, intelligence, experience, tenacity, and diversity.
- Our contemporary offices are based in downtown Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley, a short walk from the CalTrain Station
- We take care of our team and offer fantastic benefits. We provide daily catered lunches, chef-prepared dinners, and healthy snacks. We offer competitive compensation and equity. We provide full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as subsidized gym memberships, and much more.
- Protect people and save lives
- Work in either of our locations: Palo Alto’s University Avenue office, steps from Caltrain on University Avenue, or in San Francisco, in the heart of the Financial District
- Get served catered lunch, dinners, and healthy snacks
- Take advantage of subsidized gym membership
- Relax with in-office massages
- Get covered by full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Enjoy competitive compensation and equity
- Win at work in a diverse culture--Visa sponsorship is available
- Enjoy a pet-friendly office with 4 legged members of our team :)
About us Our mission at HealthTap is to help billions of people across the globe live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We believe healthcare is a human right, and we're committed to reinventing the way people all over the world take care of their health and well-being- because we know we all, at heart, simply want to Feel Good and thrive. HealthTap, a world economic forum technology pioneer, is the world’s first global health practice that delivers immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7, from query-to-cure. Through video, voice, and text chat on any mobile device or personal computer, we serve hundreds of millions of users around the around the globe with trusted and compassionate doctor information, from the world’s largest doctor network of more than 108,000, top U.S. licensed doctors. HealthTap’s proprietary, robust, and secure Health Operating System (HOPES) and proprietary triaging technology (Dr. AI), powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence, enable hospital systems, insurance companies, employers, and governments worldwide to deliver the right care at the right time, at the right cost. HOPES is now powering the HealthTap Cloud, a first of its kind virtual cloud dedicated to healthcare. We believe in constant curiosity, innovation, passion, positivity, caring, kindness, challenge, excellence, and impact. Above all, in everything we do, we want to empower people from all over the world to take charge of their health and happiness, to Feel Good, and to smile.
Want to learn more about HealthTap? Visit HealthTap's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Data Pipeline
BetterDoctor, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
Endurance International Group, Provo, UT
Machine Learning Expert
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Data Engineer, Logging Platform
Pinterest, San Francisco
Aptoide, Lisbon, Portugal
Senior Front End Software Engineer, Applications
Vungle, San Francisco