HealthTap is on the move!
We’re seeking an exceptionally talented and driven search engineer to lead our search initiative for our consumer- and doctor-facing digital health platform. As an early contributor to our growing engineering team, you’ll play a key role by taking ownership of our search engine development to improve search results for our users. If this sounds like you, please read on!
Who You Are
· You understand the importance of relevance
· You know how to balance recall with precision
· You know when to sound the alarm bell
· You want all the facts, but just the facts
· You have a soft spot for penguins
· You live and breathe transparency
· You believe in the power of suggestion
· You’re agile
· You’re not afraid of spiders
· You know that a good search result is a personalized search result
· You believe in evolution
· You understand why SaaS is a good model for search
What You Want From Your Next Career Move
To change the world through your programming skills, and to advance the field of search so people can find the information they need faster and more easily.
Why We Need You
We need someone to help us build the next generation of search features and infrastructure. You would improve the quality of our search results and conversion rate, and help us tackle new challenges like discovery and personalization.
How You’ll Change Global Healthcare
To help people live longer, healthier, and happier lives, bringing simplicity and clarity to health information and connections, and encouraging healthy engagement through compelling design.
What You’ve Accomplished
· Experience with large-scale search infrastructure. Familiarity with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch a must
· Experience developing frameworks for performance measurement and analysis
· Comprehensive knowledge of the Linux operating system, especially process and system monitoring facilities
· Experience building SaaS applications
· Experience leading and driving production escalations: monitoring, remediation, patch deliver, root-cause analysis
· Ruby (or Java) development experience, strong object-oriented programming skills
· Knowledge of statistical analysis and experimental design techniques
· Experience with agile and test-driven development techniques
· Real-world experience with information retrieval, machine learning, and recommendation system
· Experience working with large, custom search systems
About us Our mission at HealthTap is to help billions of people across the globe live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We believe healthcare is a human right, and we're committed to reinventing the way people all over the world take care of their health and well-being- because we know we all, at heart, simply want to Feel Good and thrive. HealthTap, a world economic forum technology pioneer, is the world’s first global health practice that delivers immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7, from query-to-cure. Through video, voice, and text chat on any mobile device or personal computer, we serve hundreds of millions of users around the around the globe with trusted and compassionate doctor information, from the world’s largest doctor network of more than 108,000, top U.S. licensed doctors. HealthTap’s proprietary, robust, and secure Health Operating System (HOPES) and proprietary triaging technology (Dr. AI), powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence, enable hospital systems, insurance companies, employers, and governments worldwide to deliver the right care at the right time, at the right cost. HOPES is now powering the HealthTap Cloud, a first of its kind virtual cloud dedicated to healthcare. We believe in constant curiosity, innovation, passion, positivity, caring, kindness, challenge, excellence, and impact. Above all, in everything we do, we want to empower people from all over the world to take charge of their health and happiness, to Feel Good, and to smile.
Want to learn more about HealthTap? Visit HealthTap's website.
Jobs You May Like
DevOps Engineering Intern
Taboola, Tel Aviv
Senior Server Engineer
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Systems Engineer- Platform
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, BI Connector
MongoDB, New York City
Front End Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.