Write code, save lives.
As a Localization Engineer, you will be involved in helping to dramatically increase accessibility to healthcare to communities all over the world. Your code will be used to run our Health Operating System (HOPES) in multiple languages, countries, and cultures. Our platform needs talented, multi-lingual engineers who have a passion for making the world a better place to ensure seamless delivery of care.
Who you are:
- You write scalable solutions to global problems
- You want to iterate code for users that creates a beautiful, localized UI/UX based on locale
- You iterate until they pull the keyboard out of your hands
- You know there are many ways to solve a problem and carefully weigh each trade-off and execute decisively
- You prize functionality and scalability over pre-conceived ideas
- You speak multiple languages and know the value of international experience
What you want from your next career move:
To be part of a team working on scaling a social good company worldwide, and using your multilingual background to help save lives.
Why we need you:
HealthTap is a global product, and we need globally-minded engineers. Localization into different domains, including the developing world, means we need localization experts to ensure a seamless delivery of care in over 174 countries in a way that patients can easily understand.
- Help shape, define, and build the architecture of the core localization infrastructure for products which are used by millions
- Handle the translation of vast amounts of text efficiently and quickly using our localization vendor, our volunteer translators, and machine translation, and create the tools needed to scale to the whole world
- Help solve huge problems working with big data, machine learning, NLP, advanced search, and the next generation of APIs to change and disrupt the health care and health information industries
- Interface with the other team members to get localization problems solved in a robust manner
- Create elegant code that’s efficient, reusable, and easy to maintain (and that actually saves lives)
- Translate user needs that really matter into product requirements and ultimate solutions that surprise, delight, and make a difference in people’s lives
- Play an important role in helping HealthTap stay at the forefront of digital health, one of the hottest emerging industries
How you’re going to change global healthcare:
Your code will make it possible for people to live longer, healthier, happier lives, and will bring concierge medicine and peace of mind to millions of people around the world.
What you’ve accomplished:
- BS / MS in Computer Science from a top school or program (or equivalent experience)
- Proven ability to contribute and to “move the needle” in all aspects of a quality-centric, web and mobile-based application development environment
- Startup or similar experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)
About us Our mission at HealthTap is to help billions of people across the globe live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We believe healthcare is a human right, and we're committed to reinventing the way people all over the world take care of their health and well-being- because we know we all, at heart, simply want to Feel Good and thrive. HealthTap, a world economic forum technology pioneer, is the world’s first global health practice that delivers immediate, world-class healthcare 24/7, from query-to-cure. Through video, voice, and text chat on any mobile device or personal computer, we serve hundreds of millions of users around the around the globe with trusted and compassionate doctor information, from the world’s largest doctor network of more than 108,000, top U.S. licensed doctors. HealthTap’s proprietary, robust, and secure Health Operating System (HOPES) and proprietary triaging technology (Dr. AI), powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence, enable hospital systems, insurance companies, employers, and governments worldwide to deliver the right care at the right time, at the right cost. HOPES is now powering the HealthTap Cloud, a first of its kind virtual cloud dedicated to healthcare. We believe in constant curiosity, innovation, passion, positivity, caring, kindness, challenge, excellence, and impact. Above all, in everything we do, we want to empower people from all over the world to take charge of their health and happiness, to Feel Good, and to smile.
Want to learn more about HealthTap? Visit HealthTap's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Mobile Engineer
Factual, Los Angeles
Sales Engineer (San Francisco)
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Staff Electrical Engineer, Power Electronics
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Senior Growth Marketing Manager, Mexico
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Mechanical Engineer | Powertrain Manufacturing
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA