We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-3 hours > Paris time zone
Data Platform Team @Heetch
The Data Platform team at Heetch is responsible for offering high SLOs in terms of automated data ingestion, security, and availability - as well as providing schedule and compute resources for the entire company to leverage.
By joining the Data Platform Team you will build the distributed components, systems and tools that power all the decisions at Heetch. Our millions of rides create an incredibly rich dataset that needs to be transformed, exposed and analyzed in order to improve the various products Heetch is made of.
As a member of the team you will design and grow our existing infrastructure, while democratizing data access in the company by promoting its correct use for analytics and machine learning purposes.
Our team's values
• Move smart: We are data driven, and employ tools and best practices to ship code quickly and safely (continuous integration, code review, automated testing, etc).
• Distribute knowledge: We want to scale our engineering team to a point where our contributions do not stop at the company code base. We believe in the Open Source culture and communication with the outside world.
• Leave code better than you found it: Because we constantly raise the bar.
• Unity makes strength: Moving people from A to B is not as easy as it sounds but, we always keep calm and support each other.
Always improve: We value personal progress and want you to look back proudly on what you’ve done.
What will be your role?
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a rapidly growing fully remote engineering team to build a product on a highly scalable data platform. You’ll be responsible for all data-related delivery at Heetch and will have the opportunity to shape the team and have a large impact on the company.
Does it sound like you?
You've got experience in leading a team.
You have at least 3 years of experience in working with huge data sets.
You have an expert level proficiency in data lakes, as well as OLAP data warehouses, strong familiarity how they work internally.
You've already designed and implemented robust distributed systems (Kafka, Akka, Spark Streaming, Storm, etc.) and/or scheduling systems (Luigi, Airflow, Azkaban...).
You're proficient in at least one of the languages: Scala, Python, Java.
You're able to perform complex data analysis with large volumes of data.
You show rigor in test coverage, and other best practices.
You have great oral and written communication skills.
You're familiar with startups: you’re not afraid of wearing many different hats and know when corners shouldn’t or should be cut.
You're remote friendly: you're not afraid to manage people living thousands of miles away.
What will you do?
• Work with engineering and product teams to facilitate project delivery by ensuring alignment and on time delivery
• Define, implement, and oversee a flexible and effective development process to reach the team's delivery goals
• Offer a collaborative and welcoming development environment for your team members
• Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure distributed systems
• Support and inspire an ambitious group of engineers in their career goals
• Work with our people operations team to maintain our high performance and high morale
• Oversee a distributed team (fully remote across Europe) of motivated engineers spanning all experience levels
• Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members
• Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
• Maximize team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences
• Cultivate high engagement, performance and commitment to the product through a motivational & visionary approach
• Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineers
• Be actively involved in hiring and growing our engineering team
• Plan and implement hiring strategies to attract talent within your team
• Advocate for engineering and management on the blog or at social and tech events
• Recruit outstanding technical talents from diverse backgrounds while continuously enhancing our recruiting strategies and programs
• Help us grow and evolve our engineering culture
• Work with other engineering managers to drive cultural changes across the organisation
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 3 steps:
1. Interview with your line manager (1h30)
2. Interview with a panel of Engineering Managers (1h30)
3. Day on site (Paris) or remote interviews to meet your future team and stakeholders
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
🌈Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone 🌍 We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.
Heetch is a ride-sharing app with a simple mission: help you enjoy your night out.
The service is open every night and our drivers are doing everything to make your ride, and your night, unforgettable and friendly: good music, candies and beverages in every car!
The platform is growing very fast and we face a lot of challenges with thousands of rides every night in Paris, Lyon, Lille, Warsaw, Stockholm, Milan and Brussels and soon many more cities in Europe.
We have a lot of exciting things to do and we are looking for the right people to grow with us!
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way parisians are going out!
Nightlife in Europe is growing very fast and we love to contribute to its development.
Download the Heetch app to receive friendly rides and tips about your city nightlife.