We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-1 hour > France time zone
Infrastructure Team at Heetch
Heetch’s growing infrastructure reliably supports tens thousand rides in five countries and a dozen of cities in France, Belgium and some French speaking countries in Africa . It handles millions of API requests and events every day without a snag. Currently, our distributed infrastructure, built on AWS and architected with open source components such as Mesos, Docker, ZooKeeper and Kafka orchestrates 160+ microservices, developed by 16+ teams.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help expand our system to reliably support more rides in more countries. We are looking for someone technical, with experience in building and scaling distributed infrastructure.
If this sounds like you, then join our Infrastructure team and help us define and bring our technical vision to light. Come help us tackle big infrastructure challenges that supports events, API requests and services at scale.
- Make it happen: Bring intensity and discipline, but focus on important work.
- Common interest first: Never let a teammate behind and embrace change.
- Kindness: You treat people with respect regardless of their status or disagreement with you. Always assume good intentions.
- Communicate Wisely: Listen to one another: everybody has the same right to speak up.
- Free Mind: Accept everyone for who they are and embrace differing perspectives to make better decisions.
What will you do?
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a fast-growing remote team of 4 people to help us improve the performance and reliability of our current systems. You will maintain and build the automated systems that will allow us to scale our infrastructure to support our growth and our international expansion. You will also work hard to create a healthy environment with the team where it's safe to experiment while moving fast.
- Work with Engineering, Product, and Data teams to facilitate project delivery by ensuring alignment and on time delivery
- Define, implement, and oversee a flexible and effective development process to reach the team's delivery goals
- Offer a collaborative and welcoming development environment for your team members
- Deliver high quality, availability, reliability, scalability, and secure distributed systems
- Support and inspire an ambitious group of engineers in their career goals
- Work with our people operations team to maintain our high performance and high morale
- Oversee a distributed team (fully remote across Europe) of motivated engineers spanning all experience levels
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
- Maximize team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences
- Cultivate high engagement, performance and commitment to the product through a motivational & visionary approach
- Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineers
- Be actively involved in hiring and growing our engineering team
- Plan and implement hiring strategies to attract talent within your team
- Advocate for engineering and management on the blog or at social and tech events
- Help us grow and evolve our engineering culture
- Work with other engineering managers to drive cultural changes across the organisation
Does it sound like you?
- You’ve managed teams that designed and operated critical infrastructure, particularly with a broad experience across service orchestration, deployment systems and the cloud.
- You know how to balance the reliability, usability, compliance and cost of critical systems.
- You have more than 4 years of engineering leadership experience with at least 2 years managing multiple teams in various locations.
- You have already worked in a fast-paced environment within a fast-growing company.
- You have strong communication skills: You're able to interact with a variety of people, technical or non-technical.
- You show a significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry.
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 3 steps:
1. Interview with your line manager (1h30)
2. Interview with a panel of Engineering Managers (1h30)
3. Day on site (Paris) or remote interviews to meet your future team and stakeholders
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
🌈Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone 🌍 We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.
Heetch is a ride-sharing app with a simple mission: help you enjoy your night out.
The service is open every night and our drivers are doing everything to make your ride, and your night, unforgettable and friendly: good music, candies and beverages in every car!
The platform is growing very fast and we face a lot of challenges with thousands of rides every night in Paris, Lyon, Lille, Warsaw, Stockholm, Milan and Brussels and soon many more cities in Europe.
We have a lot of exciting things to do and we are looking for the right people to grow with us!
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way parisians are going out!
Nightlife in Europe is growing very fast and we love to contribute to its development.
Download the Heetch app to receive friendly rides and tips about your city nightlife.