The Money Team works behind the scenes to ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved in payments transactions.
We are responsible for the proper handling of millions of Euros across thousands of daily rides 💰, and everyone is counting on us to deliver reliably and efficiently.
We work hand in hand with the Data, Product and Operations teams to improve our product while protecting our bankrolls and maintaining compliance and cleanliness in our accounting records:
• Numbers, numbers everywhere
• We help users manage their payment methods and coupons, a crucial part of the passenger onboarding experience
• We make sure drivers get paid on time for their work by providing them with a seamless experience so they don’t have to worry about their money
• Fraudsters are like zombies, one breach, and you’ll face an army of them
• 1 cent can become over 9000 cents if you don’t pay attention
What will you do?
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a fully remote engineering team to build a product on a highly scalable technology stack (distributed systems previously written in Ruby/Elixir and more recently in Golang, running on top of Docker).
• Work with engineering, product and data teams to facilitate project delivery and ensure alignment and on time delivery
• Define, implement, and oversee a highly effective and flexible development process that delivers on the team’s goals while offering a collaborative welcoming environment for its members
• Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products
• Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure distributed systems
• Support and inspire an ambitious group of engineers in their career goals. Work with our people ops team to maintain our high performance and high morale
• Oversee a distributed team (fully remote across Europe) of highly motivated engineers spanning all experience levels
• Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members
• Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
• Maximize team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences
• Cultivate high engagement, performance and commitment to the product through a motivational & visionary approach
• Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineers
• Be actively involved in hiring when necessary
• Planning and implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
• Advocate for engineering and management on the blog or at social and tech events
• Recruit outstanding technical talents from many diverse backgrounds while continuously enhancing our recruiting strategies and programs
• Help us evolve our culture
• Work with other engineering managers to drive cultural changes across the organisation
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• At least 2 years of experience in a Team Lead of Manager role
• Experience with payment processing systems
• You have a Backend Engineer background
• Experience of building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems / SOA
• Capable of developing a comprehensive platform performance and scalability strategy while continuously delivering product improvements
• Experience working within a fast-paced product company
• Strong communication skills to a variety of audiences, from technical to non-technical
• Significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry
• Strong people management skills, proven success in recruiting, creating and motivating a strong performing engineering team
• Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform at the highest level
• Commitment to attracting diverse candidates and removing unconscious bias in all situations
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 3 steps:
1. Interview with your line manager (1h30)
2. Interview with a panel of Engineering Managers (1h30)
3. Day on site (Paris) or remote interviews to meet your future team and stakeholders
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
🌈Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone 🌍 We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.
Heetch is a ride-sharing app with a simple mission: help you enjoy your night out.
The service is open every night and our drivers are doing everything to make your ride, and your night, unforgettable and friendly: good music, candies and beverages in every car!
The platform is growing very fast and we face a lot of challenges with thousands of rides every night in Paris, Lyon, Lille, Warsaw, Stockholm, Milan and Brussels and soon many more cities in Europe.
We have a lot of exciting things to do and we are looking for the right people to grow with us!
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way parisians are going out!
Nightlife in Europe is growing very fast and we love to contribute to its development.
Download the Heetch app to receive friendly rides and tips about your city nightlife.