It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. We believe DNA will be digitally accessible to each person so that it can be used—at any time—to improve health outcomes and accelerate research.
Helix powers life-changing population health programs. Our world-class clinical laboratory platform and proprietary Exome+ assay enable health systems to integrate genomic information into routine clinical care and enhance the accessibility of personalized healthcare. Additionally, Helix stores and protects participants’ DNA information, so that as the science evolves, health systems, patients and researchers are able to continuously benefit from a lifetime of DNA insights.
Helix is also currently helping communities and health systems safely navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic by leveraging our state-of-the-art CLIA / CAP lab to provide an end-to-end, highly scalable solution to detect active COVID-19 infections. We provide ordering and return of results, sample collection, a high sensitivity and specificity assay, and a highly automated clinical laboratory.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a diverse team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
As a Security Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with developers and DevOps engineers to drive the Secure Software Development Life Cycle effort.
- Conduct threat modeling, architectural reviews, and security code reviews.
- Design, build and deploy security automation and tooling to verify and further increase our security posture.
- Advise and contribute to Helix’s partner ecosystem to ensure secure integrations
- Manage our vulnerability management program and work with the relevant teams to prioritize remediation efforts.
- Build processes to ensure that security is part of our engineering DNA.
- Manage secure coding training across the teams.
- A passion for improving people’s lives through access to better information about their DNA
- A passion for helping build testing capacity for COVID-19
- Development experience in one of the following: Go, Python, or a similar language
- Experience developing security solutions for distributed systems on AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Expertise with authentication protocols and applied cryptography
- Deep understanding of threat models for large, high-scale production platforms
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- Experience in application and infrastructure security, especially in cloud environments.
- Experience with secure software development lifecycles, from threat modelling to code reviews.
- Knowledge of container security and orchestration.
- A demonstrated ability to empathize, collaborate, and communicate across teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with regulatory and compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, ISO, SOX, GDPR
- Experience with managing penetration testing
- Experience working in an Agile DevOps model
- BS+ in Computer Science; coursework in cryptography, genetics, and bioinformatics
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- On-premise nursing room
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO
WHAT WE'RE BUILDING It’s our hope that by unlocking more genetic data (around 22,000 genes), every person will be able to make more informed choices and decisions about their health, fitness, nutrition, and more. And that’s why we’re creating the only destination where you can explore products developed by our high-quality partners and personalized by your DNA. From search and discovery to sequencing and storing your DNA, we’re here to guide you throughout your DNA discovery. WHAT WE VALUE It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. We believe in a world where everyone benefits from their biological information and is able to help all of humanity lead better lives.
Want to learn more about Helix? Visit Helix's website.
The project management platform built for software development teams