Helix is a rapidly growing population genomics company working at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics. Founded in 2015 with a mission to “empower every person to improve their life through their DNA”, our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. Powered by one of the world’s largest CLIA / CAP next-generation sequencing labs and our proprietary Exome+® assay, we support all aspects of population genomics including recruitment and engagement, clinically actionable disease screening, return of results, and basic and translational research. We help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, lower costs, and drive cutting edge translational and clinical research. For the individual, we store and protect their DNA information so that they control their data and can use it throughout their lifetime in a variety of settings.
Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives. We also collaborate with our health system partners to combine longitudinal EHR data with genomic data to optimize care across the health system. This proprietary clinico-genomic dataset, with recontactable individuals and actively enrolling programs, powers our life sciences segment and helps our partners bring innovative therapies to patients faster and more efficiently.
As the Head of Marketing at Helix, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing strategy to drive awareness and demand among executives at health systems, life sciences companies, and payers as well as with patients and on-the-ground healthcare providers at our partners. From defining how to position our products to guiding the development of compelling content to supporting our partners in scaling their initiatives, this is a senior-level role that will touch and influence all parts of our marketing strategy and execution.
As the Head of Marketing you will:
Build the Helix brand and optimize the positioning of our products among our key enterprise customer segments
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop a deep understanding of our products and the value proposition to health systems, life sciences companies, and payers
- Determine how to best articulate and position the value proposition for key customer segments – and continually optimize it as our products evolve and new industry trends emerge
- Identify and execute on novel ways to grow Helix’s brand awareness among health systems and life sciences companies
- Spearhead our lead generation strategy, leveraging both owned and third-party channels
- Lead PR efforts and broader communications strategy, including overseeing with external agency partners
Lead efforts to translate our value proposition into compelling content and collateral for enterprise customers
- Work closely with the BD team to identify and understand needs as well as gather feedback from the market
- Oversee Helix’s content and collateral generation strategy, prioritizing needs based on industry trends, customer feedback, emerging research, and evolution of Helix’s products and platform
Support our partners in driving awareness and demand for their initiatives among on-the-ground healthcare providers and patients
- Working closely with the Partner Success and Clinical teams, lead the development of foundational marketing materials, including HCP- and patient-facing content, to enable our partners to launch and scale quickly
Provide day-to-day leadership and guidance to the marketing team
- Define and track metrics to measure success and progress of marketing efforts and communicate results to the Helix Leadership Team and external stakeholders, where appropriate
- Develop and lead a team of high functioning team of marketing professionals
- Be an active member of the commercial leadership team
- Mission-oriented, with a deep passion for improving people’s lives through DNA
- At least 10 years of experience and a demonstrated track record of leading successful marketing efforts in the diagnostics, biopharma, or broader healthcare industry
- Ability to change priorities quickly and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done; thrives in a high-growth environment
- Experience managing external agency partners to drive the greatest impact
- Willingness to contribute in a variety of ways, even if outside formal responsibilities
- Prior people management / team leadership experience
- BA or BS required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Deep knowledge of the diagnostics market and the key players and trends
- Experience in PR and corporate communications
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Shopify, Google Analytics, and other marketing tools
What Helix has to offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WHAT WE'RE BUILDING It’s our hope that by unlocking more genetic data (around 22,000 genes), every person will be able to make more informed choices and decisions about their health, fitness, nutrition, and more. And that’s why we’re creating the only destination where you can explore products developed by our high-quality partners and personalized by your DNA. From search and discovery to sequencing and storing your DNA, we’re here to guide you throughout your DNA discovery. WHAT WE VALUE It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. We believe in a world where everyone benefits from their biological information and is able to help all of humanity lead better lives.
Want to learn more about Helix? Visit Helix's website.
File hosting service