It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. We believe DNA will be digitally accessible to each person so that it can be used, at any time, to improve health outcomes and accelerate research.
Helix powers life-changing population health programs. Our world-class clinical laboratory platform and proprietary Exome+ assay enable health systems to integrate genomic information into routine clinical care and enhance the accessibility of personalized healthcare. Additionally, Helix stores and protects participants’ DNA information, so that as the science evolves, health systems, patients, and researchers are able to continuously benefit from a lifetime of DNA insights.
Helix is also currently helping communities and health systems safely navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic by leveraging our state-of-the-art CLIA / CAP lab to provide an end-to-end, highly scalable solution to detect active COVID-19 infections. We provide ordering and return of results, sample collection, a high sensitivity, and specificity assay, and a highly automated clinical laboratory.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a diverse team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well-respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
Data Analyst, Product
Helix is constantly building and evolving our innovative user experience and suite of products to help support our mission. We are looking for an up and coming data analyst who can help drive the data behind this vision and strategy.
What’s important to us:
- You are focused on executing and making progress every day
- You are comfortable establishing a goal, or outcome, and motivating others to come along
- You have a passion to learn new things, solve problems, and want to develop a healthy obsession about data
- You are flexible and have a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective, all things that are important to the Helix culture
- You care about quality and the success of your customers; our participants, our partners, and our internal stakeholders
As a Data Analyst, you will:
- Interface daily with Helix’s product management team, cross-functional stakeholders and executives
- Use data and analytics to routinely answer questions on user behavior and the health of our business and products
- Define business metrics, develop data models, build dashboards, and create data products to monitor business performance and enable self-serve insights at scale
- Routinely monitor product and user metrics for trends, changes, and unexpected behavior; work with the PM team to evaluate which metrics should be monitored
- Communicate and disseminate learnings across the business, to product managers, engineers, partnerships, and other cross-functional stakeholders up through senior and executive leadership
- Independently design an accurate and consistent framework for answering analytics questions
- Provide leadership on analytics work occurring across the company, including mentoring data users in support of self-service
- Facilitate administration of BI platform for internal users by maintaining user/group permissions and monitoring adoption/usage metrics
- Proactively identify ways to improve day-to-day responsibilities, such as optimizing database structure, implementing report automation, researching the use of better analytics tools, etc.
- Communicate business requirements to the rest of the Data team to enable new analyses
- 3+ years of relevant analytics experience, working in a highly cross-functional or customer-facing role
- Understanding of product, user, and business metrics
- Extensive knowledge of SQL
- Experience with the following (or comparable) tools: Tableau, Redshift, and Excel
- The willingness and ability to learn new languages and tools as needed
- Track record of defining and shipping effective analyses and data visualizations
- Ability to communicate and present complex ideas effectively, with experience presenting to cross-functional stakeholders
- Highly analytical and quantitative, with intense attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Eager to take on new challenges and learn new things
- The prospect of helping build a category-defining product excites you!
- An interest in genetics and healthcare
Nice to have:
- Experience in health tech or related fields
- Knowledge of data regulations, eg. HIPAA, CCPA/CPRA, GDPR
- Experience with A/B testing approaches and analyses
- Expertise in data wrangling and ETLs
- Working knowledge of Python and/or R
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or quantitative focused study
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- Flexible PTO and more..
WHAT WE'RE BUILDING It’s our hope that by unlocking more genetic data (around 22,000 genes), every person will be able to make more informed choices and decisions about their health, fitness, nutrition, and more. And that’s why we’re creating the only destination where you can explore products developed by our high-quality partners and personalized by your DNA. From search and discovery to sequencing and storing your DNA, we’re here to guide you throughout your DNA discovery. WHAT WE VALUE It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. We believe in a world where everyone benefits from their biological information and is able to help all of humanity lead better lives.
Want to learn more about Helix? Visit Helix's website.
The best bed for better sleep