You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Extend patterns for managing cloud infrastructure and supporting product teams.
- Collaborate with product managers, scientists, and other engineers to implement required infrastructure, continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, and monitoring.
- Build for reliability and scale across users and health systems.
- 3+ years development experience in go, python, typescript, or a similar language.
- Familiarity with linux system administration, including bash or other shell scripting.
- Experience using public cloud platforms - AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code frameworks (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Computer Science
- Hands-on experience with full-stack development
- Familiarity with regulated software systems (HIPAA, FDA, etc.)
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- On-premise nursing room
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO
WHAT WE'RE BUILDING It’s our hope that by unlocking more genetic data (around 22,000 genes), every person will be able to make more informed choices and decisions about their health, fitness, nutrition, and more. And that’s why we’re creating the only destination where you can explore products developed by our high-quality partners and personalized by your DNA. From search and discovery to sequencing and storing your DNA, we’re here to guide you throughout your DNA discovery. WHAT WE VALUE It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. We believe in a world where everyone benefits from their biological information and is able to help all of humanity lead better lives.
Want to learn more about Helix? Visit Helix's website.
The best bed for better sleep