HelloFresh, USA - Richmond, CA
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
The Warehouse Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations within the functional areas of receiving, shipping, storage / distribution of goods, and logistics. The Warehouse Supervisor coordinates activities and provides coaching and guidance to workers in the quality team. The Warehouse Supervisor works alongside and with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Supervisor receives direction from Management and carries out instructions based on given directive. The Supervisor is responsible for following and enforcing all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies. The Warehouse Supervisor is required to be certified in operating all material handling equipment as needed by location.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for directing and supervising a group of employees involved in warehouse operations procedures with regard to receiving, shipping, storage / distribution of goods, and logistics
- Plan and assign work of subordinates.
- Develop and/or adapt inspection equipment to meet quality control standards, make suggestions with regard to procedures, standards and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality.
- Analyze facts or circumstances surrounding individual problems to determine what action should be taken within the limits of standard practices.
- Responsible for compilation and maintenance of inspection reports and records.
- Investigate and determine cause of faulty work and consult and advise other departments as to corrective measures.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training and corrective direction.
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production in order to collaborate and solve problems
- Maintain discipline, morale and harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Investigate and adjust personnel problems within area of responsibility.
- Effectively recommend as to hiring, promotions, wage adjustments and terminations.
- Respectfully support and follow direction from management and completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies)
- Responsible for upkeep of equipment including reporting defective equipment to management
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer and type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Leadership: train and develop a large group of employees, ongoing process improvement
- Performance Management: for assigned responsibility, hiring, promotions, and performance reviews
- Problem Solving/Analysis: professional, confidential
- Results Driven and detail oriented
- Communication Proficiency: speak to employees with tact and diplomacy
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production and maintaining productivity
- Technical Capacity: Product quality, food safety, computer literacy to input information into the computer
- Learning Orientation: able to take direction and relay information to employees
This position provides guidance to employees by coordinating work and resolving problems. The Warehouse Supervisor’s performance is evaluated by their leadership of the warehouse employees, productivity and prioritization of their designated team, quality/quantity of information reported each shift, and ability to guide employee performance on the team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º - 40º). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are varied according to shift and production schedule. The employee is expected to work no less than the designated 40 hour work week. Significant weekend work depending on production schedules.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Preferred warehouse experience supervisor
- Preferred minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a warehouse
- HS diploma or GED required
- 2 year degree preferred or equivalent work related experience
- Intermediate computer skills requirement – data analysis/creation, Microsoft office and Google Sheets, Email
- Preferred food safety certifications SQF, BRC, HACCP
- Expected to successfully obtain certification as a power material handling equipment operator
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Project Manager, Content Distribution
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Global Sourcing Manager
Harry’s, New York, NY
Outbound Shipping Coordinator
Golden State Warriors, Santa Cruz Warriors
Executive Assistant Business Partner, Head of Ad Products
Pinterest, San Francisco
Project Manager, RevPro
Zuora, San Jose, CA