Senior Photography Art Director - Photo-Studio (f/m)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
We believe that cooking scrumptious dinners at home should be simple for everyone. That’s how HelloFresh was born. We’re making dinner time easier and more fun for all of us.
We’re the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. Today is your chance to become an important part of our rapidly growing food and e-commerce start up. You’ll be given responsibility from day one and asked to use your initiative and creativity to help us grow our business and get more people cooking from scratch. Every day, we embrace new challenges – and that’s what makes HelloFresh fun and unique. We’re fast-paced and love all things food related.
About the job
As a Senior Studio Art Director - Photo Studio (f/m), you’ll be working in our own photo studio, where we take photos & videos for our 9 different markets.
In our photo studio, we freshly cook all the our meals, naturally style them to perfection and photograph them with passion and creativity. Your job will be to take creative briefings and develop creative photo and set compositions. You’ll tell the stories of our recipes and ingredients in our photos, using light, props and backdrops. You’ll scour flea markets to get the right accessories, you’ll paint eggs to add a rustic charm to our Easter photography and you’ll even rasp a piece of wood for the perfect finish. You’ll need that DIY (do it yourself) drive, so you’ll enjoy building sets and composing photos. In addition, you will occasionally cast models for our lifestyle shootings. After the shoot, you’ll select the best shots together with the post-production. You’ll be working side by side with our Chef, Food Stylist, Food Photographer, Post Production and local & global design team.
Who we’re looking for
First of all, you’ll need passion for food – that’s a huge part of our story at HelloFresh. Secondly, we‘re looking for someone with outstanding creativity and art direction experience. Someone who is very hands on when it comes to photography, props building and set dressing.
- You should have a strong understanding of art, conceptual design, photography as well as retouching/ post production (good Photoshop knowledge).
- You have exceptional taste in design, an eye for every detail, a passion for creation and experience in concepting and developing great sets and compositions.
- You should have a minimum of 3-5 years work experience in creative teams, brand storytelling and bring extensive practical experience in your field.
- You’re hands on as you´ll organise the props.
- You’re reliable, dedicated, and accurate and have good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- You’re flexible, ambitious, enthusiastic, and a team player.
- You’re fluent in English (German is a plus.)
- You have a working permit for Germany.
What we offer
- Global projects and responsibility from day 1
- Never a dull day! At HelloFresh something new happens every day
- An international team of people to inspire and support you
- A company culture where you’re judged by your results and nothing else – our motto: wear sneakers, not ties, get things done, test, learn, improve, do better
- A feel-good team: we don't just work well together; we also like to get together after work
- You feel personally responsible for our tasks and projects and do not have a "nine-to-five" or "whatever" attitude
- A fulltime position, starting immediately
Are you up for a challenge?
Please send us your complete application below. It should start with your cover letter which should let us know why you think you’d be perfect for this role. Additionally, we’d like to see your CV, any relevant certificates, and your current portfolio as PDF or web link. We’d also really appreciate your earliest starting date and salary expectations.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Eventbrite, Mendoza, Argentina
Head of Design & UX
Animoto, New York, New York
Lead UX Designer (Video & Music) - Contract
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Hardware Prototyper (Contract)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Digital Design Director
Casper, New York
VP of Industrial Design
Casper, San Francisco