Manager, Operations (Night Shift)
HelloFresh, Newark, NJ
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Since the digitization of the grocery and meal delivery industry, HelloFresh has been at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to whip up mouthwatering meals from home! With over 500% growth since our inception in 2011, we’re now the fastest growing company in Europe and the biggest European startup in the US - active and growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents. With a team as diverse as our palate; come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
As the Operations Manager, you will take a hands-on approach and deliver strategic operational leadership across all aspects of production and fulfillment. We're searching for a visionary leader who is excited to build something awesome and share it with the world!
- Provide cross-functional leadership from the front lines and immerse yourself in the trenches to optimize productivity, promote growth, encourage innovation ideas, and inspire change
- Map out, drive and continuously improve the day-to-day operations in a hyper-growth environment, effectively engaging, motivating and directing the team to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of customer orders
- Manage dynamic and cross functional teams to better assess the daily operations of Production and Fulfillment teams
- Ensure adherence to OSHA, GMP, SQF, food safety and facility compliance while meeting operational goals and continuously improving production
- Coordinate product flow to drive efficient process of receiving, storing, and distributing materials to departments
- Insure continuous improvement to safety, quality, cost, and delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the warehouse
- Drive a customer-first environment focused on and committed to delivering the highest quality product to our customers
- Analyze shift performance to identify operational opportunities, trends, and potential cost-saving improvements
- Partner with Production Planning team to execute devised production plans and adjust sequencing based on business need when necessary
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of leading cross-functional teams and cultivating collaborative partnerships at all levels and departments of an organization
- Results-driven: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency.
- Bold: you are a true entrepreneurial spirit and not afraid to take calculated risks to disrupt the status quo; you're a visionary leader that listens to your team and values their ideas
- Strategic: you’re a critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans.
- Customer-focused: you understand the importance of customer experience and delivering the planned customer outcomes with the highest level of customer care and customer satisfaction
- 5+ years managing fulfillment operations within food manufacturing or production plant
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (i.e. Food Science, Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, Operations, etc.) or commensurate experience; High school diploma or GED required
- Proven success delivering cross-functional leadership and managing large workforces of 100+ employees in a hyper growth organization - our culture is a critical part of our success, and you need to help drive it
- Inventory control management with background in building/improving warehouse management or inventory tracking systems (WMS implementation a plus)
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing advocate efficient people & project management skills (Six Sigma, APICS, Kaizen certification preferred)
- Strong proficiency Microsoft Excel
Schedule: Friday-Tuesday (off Wed/Thurs); 6:00 PM until production is complete (weekends/holidays required)
We offer: Awesome benefits (health/dental/vision/401K); team-building events; heavily discounted HelloFresh meals, and more!
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Luxury Retreats - Portfolio Management Scheduler, Montreal (Contract)
Airbnb, Montreal, Canada
Business Operations Intern
California Medical Director
Oscar, Los Angeles, California
Director, Business Operations
IDEO, Palo Alto
CX - Quality Program Manager
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Peloton, Fort Lauderdale, FL