Data Scientist, Personalization
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
HelloFresh is seeking a Data Scientist to help spearhead our personalization initiative. We need a smart, result-oriented individual who can translate data insights into recommendations driving high-end business value across areas of demand management, marketing, customer lifecycle, personalization and product development. Our ideal candidate has solid background in data science, including predictive modeling, forecasting and validation techniques. So, if you are passionate about finding answers in scientific investigation and leading new solutions, feel invited to apply!
You will ...
- Use state-of-the-art data science algorithms to derive insights and provide significant impact for P&L
- Establish efficient, automated processes for large-scale modeling
- Work with complex datasets across multiple platforms
- Collaborate closely with the top management and product developers to develop pertinent algorithms and applications for all business users
- Build confidence and trust in data science solutions through their presentation for both tech and non-tech stakeholders
- Become a part of highly skilled team working in dynamic and exciting environment
- A data junkie: you love finding the details in facts, statistics, and putting it all together for an actionable plan
- A critical thinker—who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems
- Enterprising to take up and start new projects. Able to achieve work with risk of failure
At a minimum, you have...
- M.S. in a quantitative science, mathematics or in engineering with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. A Ph.D. is a plus
- 2+ years of experience with a wide understanding of the state of the art in machine learning and in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge in at least one of these fields: deep learning, natural language processing, computer vision, reinforcement learning, recommender systems, probabilistic graphical modeling, computational optimization (e.g. linear programming, constraint programming)
- A proven track record of implementing data driven products
- A proven track record of training and mentoring junior team members
- A passion for using and developing open source software and a solid programming background ideally in Python
- Sense of ownership: you take responsibility for your projects and pride in your work
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive! Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Head of Marketplace Analytics
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Analytics Lead - Dallas
Lyft, Dallas, TX
HR Analytics Manager
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Data Scientist, Senior Healthcare Business Intelligence Analyst
Quartet, New York, NY
Domain Expert, Korean
Dataminr, Seattle, WA
BuzzFeed, New York