Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) (m/f/x)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
You will be joining the Platform Tribe at HelloTech. Platform forms a stable and fresh environment for our talented teams of developers to thrive. As well as building a great foundation, Platform is also responsible for spreading their knowledge throughout the other tribes, they make sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy to use infrastructure, and applying the best practices when it comes to Continuous Delivery, Containerisation, Performance, Security etc.
Check out some of the amazing open-source tools that we're building here at Platform:
Janus - An API Gateway written in Go
Klepto - Tool for copying and anonymising data
Kandalf - RabbitMQ to Kafka bridge
Who we are looking for
- Software and System Engineers with a passion for system reliability and observability, you will build reliability as a feature into our core infrastructure and applications.
- Experience using Data to diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems
- Experience as a software developer [Python, Ruby or Go preferable].
- You work anywhere in the stack, from right beside the OS and up.
- Solid Linux background.
- Familiarity with operations: metrics/statistics, incident management, post mortems etc.
- Experience building highly available and observable systems at scale.
- You know what to monitor and alert when things go awry.
- Practical cloud experience, preferably Amazon Web Services, Containers Orchestration Tools and Terraform.
- You LOVE to automate things.
- You are passionate about mentoring and sharing knowledge.
It would be beneficial if you also have the following:
- Experience negotiating SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs with product owners.
- Practical experience with containers orchestration tools (i.e Kubernetes), Prometheus and Chaos Engineering.
- Experience building infrastructure automation at scale.
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.