Associate Director of Operations
HelloFresh, Grand Prairie, TX
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
We are looking for an experienced, high potential Operations expert, who are interested in helping us build best in class food handling operations. You will directly work for one of our distribution center (DC) directors and COO to develop high level strategies for production. Your time will be spent between running the daily operations, as well as identifying and implementing improvement measures. We are looking for hands-on, numbers-driven people with a focus on impact - this role a great combination of high level strategy and being in the trenches of a shop floor.
- Identify problems in manufacturing and brainstorm continuous improvement strategies for the DC
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to develop an operations improvement road map in collaboration with other DC directors
- Lead and supervise a team of managers, their supervisors and hourly associates
- Share and exchange operational best practices with the (associate) directors of our other DCs
- Develop and administer operational procedures for all production and supporting processes
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment
- Be responsible for achieving all operational goals
- Drive strategic planning and forecasting
- Reward and recognize performance and execute on progressive discipline, as needed
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
- Develop and share best practices across the shifts and network
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the distribution center to: provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business and stay focused on the customer experience
- Drive continuous improvement when it comes to Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery, while growing and expanding capabilities that meet warehouse mandatory requirements
- Strategic: you see the bigger picture, as well as each moving part which allows you to recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging for the team
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of motivating, engaging and leading cross-functional teams and cultivating collaborative relationships at all levels of an organization
- Bold: you enjoy breaking new ground and heading up projects; you’re not afraid to take calculated risks and disrupt the status quo
- Customer-focused: you are slightly obsessive compulsive about customer experience and delivering a quality product that is second to none
- Problem-solver: you focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s preferred
- 5+ years’ experience managing manufacturing and/or production operations within food/beverage/perishables/CPG/eComm
- Strong business acumen and project management skills, well-versed in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma, APICS, Kaizen, etc.)
- Successfully launched, implemented or optimized inventory or warehouse management systems
- Progressive background in supply chain management, logistics and distribution operations
- Effective people management & hands-on leader-motivating, coaching and developing 150+ employees - our culture is a critical part of our success, and you need to help drive it
- Superior integrity and ethics, with great follow-through and excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- Ability to help develop policies and procedures that help mitigate inventory discrepancies
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Bluebird Bio, Durham, NC, USA
OnDeck, Denver, CO, US
Medical Assistant - Quincy
New England Quality Care Alliance, TMCCC Quincy
Sr. Process Development Engineer – Power Electronics
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Customs Compliance Specialist
Flexport, San Francisco, CA