Data Science Manager (m/f/x)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
- Leading a goal-oriented team that delivers products for customer value early and often, diligently measuring results.
- Playing a key role in ensuring the projects and ongoing alignment of our technology with the overall business strategy for the company.
- Hiring, inspiring, managing, and growing a cross-functional data science team, ensuring every Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineer has adequate growth opportunities.
- Setting and ensuring the high standards for quality, scalability and customer focus.
- Working effectively with Product, Marketing, and Operations counterparts towards a common goal of delivering great experiences to our customers.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to discover innovative ways of leveraging vast repositories of user generated data.
Who we are looking for
- Significant experience within technical and people management, leading both Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to build effective communication structures in a fast growing engineering organization
- Technical background, demonstrated in past management roles with a clear impact towards achieving business goals.
- Demonstrable past experience with Agile methodologies, with a strong focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking and quick iterations
- Coached and mentored Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers in their careers.
- A self-organized individual, with excellent focus and prioritization of workload using business data and metrics.
- A strong understanding of the state of the art in machine learning methods and in depth techniques for practical application.
- Background working with Python and knowledge of data libraries as sklearn and pandas.
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Womply, Womply - SF
Senior Software Engineer
Analytics High Value Consulting Manager - Resources Industry
Accenture, CA - San Francisco, USA
Creative Director, Experience Strategy and Insight
Research Scientist, Experimentation
Lyft, San Francisco