Data Science Manager (m/f/x)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 5 years we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. Now we're the fastest growing company in Europe, active and growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve received almost US$ 300 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award winning product.
As a member of HelloTech you’ll be exposed to a modern technology stack and a slick cross functional agile team setup. We have developed a refined product and provide scalability on a global level. Join our HelloTech team and help us to build a fresh food global champion!
About the Job
At HelloFresh, Data Science is an interdisciplinary team that designs, implements, and maintains state of the art machine learning models to automate and optimize marketing, operations, logistics and customer experience. With our rapid company expansion, we are currently looking for a Data Scientist Manager that is excited about turning innovative ideas into powerful data driven products. Managing our Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers, you will help bringing these ideas into reality and improve the experience of millions of customers around the globe.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a hunger for discovering information in massive amounts of data, an attitude towards experimentation, fluency in machine learning techniques and software engineering best practices.
As a Data Scientist Manager you will be responsible for
- Leading a goal-oriented team that delivers customer value early and often, diligently measuring results.
- Playing a key role in ensuring the ongoing alignment of our technology with the overall business strategy for the company.
- Hiring, inspiring, managing, and growing a cross-functional data science team, ensuring every Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineer has adequate growth opportunities.
- Setting and ensuring the high standards for quality, scalability and customer focus.
- Working effectively with Product, Marketing, and Operations counterparts towards a common goal of delivering great experiences to our customers.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to discover innovative ways of leveraging vast repositories of user generated data.
Who we’re looking for
- Significant experience within technical and people management, leading both Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to build effective communication structures in a fast growing engineering organization
- Exceptional technical background, demonstrated in past leadership roles with a clear impact towards achieving business goals.
- Demonstrable past experience with Agile methodologies, with a strong focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking and quick iterations
- Coached and mentored Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers in their careers.
- A self-organized individual, with excellent focus and prioritization of workload using business data and metrics.
- A strong understanding of the state of the art in machine learning methods and in depth techniques for practical application.
- Background working with Python and knowledge of data libraries as sklearn and pandas.
What we offer
- HelloFresh is a place that lets you implement your own ideas and contribute to our open source repositories.
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the largest technology companies in Europe.
- Cutting edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions.
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth.
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere.
- Work in a modern, spacious office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transport links and employee perks.
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Science Manager
Komodo Health, San Francisco
Site Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, Oslo, Norway
Software Engineer - College Grad
Senior Marketing Science Analyst
Research Scientist, Deep Learning Intern
Clarifai, SF, DC
Software Engineer, Frontend Development
Appier, Taipei, Taiwan