Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/x)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 5 years we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. Now we're the fastest growing company in Europe, active and growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve received almost US$ 300 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award winning product.
As a member of HelloTech you’ll be exposed to a modern technology stack and a slick cross functional agile team setup. We have developed a refined product and provide scalability on a global level. Join our HelloTech team and help us to build a fresh food global champion!
About the job
HelloFresh Data Science is an interdisciplinary team that designs, implements and maintains state of the art machine learning models to automate and optimize marketing, operations, logistics and customer experience. We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who is excited about turning innovative ideas into powerful data driven products. Working closely with the data scientist and engineers on the team you will help bringing these ideas into reality and improve the e-commerce experience of millions of customers around the globe.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a hunger for discovering information in massive amounts of data, an attitude towards experimentation and fluency in machine learning techniques and software engineering best practices.
As machine learning engineer you will be responsible for
- Solving challenging business problems by deploying state-of- the-art machine learning pipelines in production
- Ensuring availability, performance and scalability of our machine learning and data processing platform
- Collaborating with data scientists and business stakeholders to discover innovative ways of using vast repositories of user generated data.
Who we’re looking for
- A proven track record implementing data driven products and a broad understanding of the state of the art in machine learning
- A passion for using and developing open source software and a solid programming background ideally in Python and Pyspark
- Experience with storage models coming from the SQL (PostgresSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (Elasticsearch, Redis) space as well as data streaming (Kinesis, Kafka) and columnar databases (BigQuery)
- Experience in using Docker containers and configuration management systems such as Ansible/ Fabric / Puppet
- Experience in Hadoop technologies such as Hive / Impala and distributed data pipelines such as Airflow / Luigi
- Sense of ownership: you take responsibility for your projects and pride in your work:
What we offer
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the largest technology companies in Europe
- Cutting edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Work in a modern, spacious office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transport links and employee perks
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Jobs You May Like
Slack, San Francisco
Luno, Cape Town
Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2019
Datto, Rochester, NY | Norwalk, CT | Boston, MA
Senior Software Engineer, Health Coaching Platform
Fitbit, US - Boston
Lead Data Scientist - App & Partner Platform
Shopify, Toronto, Canada
Monzo, London, UK