Creative Operations Director
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
HelloFresh is seeking a Creative Operations Director to help scale our creative team, develop and evolve production design strategies to bring our brand to life across a growing number of consumer touch-points and markets, creating an environment in which our creative work and teams will thrive. The Creative Operations team is a pivotal function connecting multiple aspects of the business. As such the productivity, process and interactions with this group must exceed expectation. The role of director is to facilitate the high quality of creative output for the company through their function, pushing us forward with processes that fit our company culture and dedication to great creative. This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, industry-disruptive consumer brand and to drive its success.
You will manage and enable a talented team by bringing technology, resource management and staffing, budget management, process design and motivational leadership to a fast-paced, agile and entrepreneurial working environment. To be most effective in this role, you must be highly collaborative, strategic in understanding of each department's goals in relation to company objectives, conceptual and flexible in your ability to implement pivotal workflow processes and motivational in bringing best in class structure and talent to a creative environment.
You will ...
Operations + Leadership
- Work with leadership to develop operations for scale that work for optimizing both volume and creative output in a digitally-native environment. Refine internal processes between departments and develop new systems where appropriate.
- Be comfortable working in an accelerated, precise environment. Understand the agile working style of a modern consumer brand with focus on strategic collaboration.
- Create an environment that encourages cross-functional alignment and momentum. Facilitate collaboration and connection points across company departments to gather necessary inputs for decision-making.
- Negotiate and guide relationships with best-in-class production partners, agencies and vendors.
- Overall, create an environment in which the creative process operates with high efficiency and has room to create true brand value in its output, maximize creative productivity and pivot in response to company goals.
Management + Production:
- Work closely with Design and Creative leadership to ensure creative brand integrity is supported through to all touch points.
- Oversee and grow project management teams in New York City who review all incoming projects for success within budget, schedule and creative bandwidth; manage team and issues accordingly.
- Enable HelloFresh's design and creative teams to flex by building a network of exceptional freelancers. Assign project managers, producers, and freelancers on a need basis and empower the creative teams to guide their own process when appropriate.
- Ensure that company maintains high-functioning asset management system. Oversee negotiation and management of licensing and usage agreements across all mediums.
- Oversee production of photography, film and illustration assets including; ATL/BTL campaigns, product launches, email marketing, experiential marketing activations. Ensure teams are tracking toward milestones, within budget and upholding brand integrity in their decisions.
- Own the annual creative production budget for marketing. Align creative objectives & calendaring of production with yearly marketing spend and company goals.
- Familiar with fast-paced, tech-driven creative environments
- Fluent in creative production workflow; budget creation, planning, tracking and management, contract negotiation, managing freelance and external agency partners
- Experience partnering with creative leadership and true understanding of creative teams needs and potential
At a minimum, you have...
- 8 -12 years experience in a creative production environment - inhouse or creative agency
- 5+ years experience managing and hiring for a creative services team - creative services, project management, production
- Demonstrated experience setting up / optimizing processes aimed at improving workflow
- Proven ability to cultivate strong cross functional relationships with both technical and creative partners, internal and external
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.