HelloFresh, New York, NY
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
HelloFresh is hiring a Creative Director to elevate the HelloFresh brand into a category of one through a once-in-a-generation brand experience. HelloFresh is seeking a Creative Director to lead our growing New-York-based Brand Design Team. This person will partner with the Director of Creative Strategy to bring our brand to life across every aspect of the business - from setting the art direction across our channels (TV, Paid Social, Display, Email, Web and Mobile) to developing visual identities for our physical experiences, to evolving our brand guidelines and typography. You see the big picture, but also believe that great brands and great design comes down to execution and the details.
The ideal candidate will know how to build and scale transformative 21st century brands in a complex, nuanced, and evolving media environment. To this end, the Creative Director has deep experience conceptualizing, designing and producing brand campaigns, as well as leading design teams. You are a communications designer by trade, an expert typographer and can lead by example and with humility. In addition, you’ll lead a team of talented designers, foster their professional development, and create the ideal conditions for them to do great work. Comfort with performance marketing is critical to success in this role.
You will ...
- Grow, lead and inspires a design team and manages their daily output. Promotes continual creative improvement and actively contributes to a culture of creative excellence. Possesses a hands-on approach to the work.
- Partner with Director of Creative Strategy in setting the long-term vision and voice for the brand’s visual storytelling from typography to illustration to photo direction. Continue to push HelloFresh as a leading and innovative consumer brand.
- Collaborate with marketing leads and other business stakeholders on design projects and marketing campaigns. Guide the project briefing and scoping to ensure a healthy balance of results and great creative work.
- Drive performance marketing assets and channels to the next level.
- Foster an environment that encourages intelligent risk taking, innovation and creativity.
- Become part of the marketing leadership team and communicate on behalf of your team.
- Extremely detail oriented with a track record of delivering consistent messaging with clarity.
- Highly collaborative, driven by creative excellence and a self-starter. Skilled at bringing people together, highly organized, and has leadership level communication. Possesses strategic decision-making skills that can nimbly weigh business goals alongside creative goals.
- Familiar with entrepreneurial and tech-driven creative environments.
At a minimum, you have...
- A bachelor’s degree with strong academic record (i.e. art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism) and/or proven relevant experience on high-growth tech and/or lifestyle brands. Work on food and beverage is a major plus.
- 10+ years’ experience at a creative/branding agency or design-led consumer brand.
- 5+ years’ experience in a creative leadership role.
- A strong, dynamic portfolio that showcases a finely tuned and nuanced aesthetic. Strengths in typography, design systems, visual storytelling & art direction.
- Help build a network of creative partners of freelance designers, illustrators & photographers.
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Intern - Hartford
Yelp, Hartford, CT
Graphic Design Intern
LogRhythm, Boulder, CO
Associate Content Strategist, Help Center
Slack, San Francisco
Manager, Audience Development & Email Marketing, The Foundry
Time Inc., New York, NY
Integrated Producer, Marketing Operations, Thailand
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Manager, Global Creative Marketing - (Global Series)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California