Data Engineer (m/f/x)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 5 years we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. We’re now active and growing in 9 different countries in 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve received more than US$ 300 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award winning product and become one of the top 3 largest companies to come out of Europe over the past 4 years.
As a member of HelloTech you’ll be exposed to a modern technology stack and a slick cross functional agile team setup. We have developed a refined product and provide scalability on a global level. Join our HelloTech team and help us to build a fresh food global champion!
About the job
As a Data Engineer at HelloFresh, you will be collaborating to build a robust and highly performant data platform using cutting-edge technologies. You will develop distributed services that process data in batch and real-time with focus on scalability, data quality and business requirements. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging data related problems, like:
- Design and build a world-class self-service data platform
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for design, build and maintenance of batch and real-time data pipelines.
- Understand and bring solutions for complex business problems, enabling insights that can empower better decision-making
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our engineering blog.
Who we’re looking for
- Ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high quality code. Preferable with experience in Python, Scala is a nice to have.
- Experience with Apache Spark, Hive and Kafka
- Experience with Hadoop, plus distributions like EMR, Cloudera or Hortonworks
- Experience with data modelling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Experience with RDBMS such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with job orchestration tools like Airflow, Luigi or similar
- Experience with end-to-end testing of data pipelines
- Agile team-working experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
It's beneficial if you have the following skills:
- Experience with Amazon AWS, DevOps and Automation
- Knowledge of visualisation tools (Tableau, Grafana)
- Experience with Data Quality checks and tools
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Redis or Cassandra
- Experience with productionalising machine learning models
What we offer
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the largest technology companies in Europe
- Cutting edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Work in a modern, spacious office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transport links and employee perks
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date and salary expectations.
We’re committed to making HelloFresh as inclusive as we can be. As part of that commitment we chose to be transparent about our diversity data. To enable us to build an accurate picture of our workforce, we ask some optional questions in our application process.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.