HelloFresh, New York, NY
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
Job Description: We’re hiring a Tax Associate to complement HelloFresh’s finance/accounting and legal departments. To succeed in this role, you’ll need strong research skills, sound business judgment, and the ability to always stay one step ahead, anticipating the risks and challenges we face during rapid growth and expansion into new lines of business.
- Assist with filing of federal and state corporate tax returns; process monthly, quarterly and annual sales/use and indirect tax returns in multiple jurisdictions, and/or assist external tax advisor in compiling the required data; monitor company’s nexus position, maintain state-by-state matrix; and manage additional local & municipal levies, and tax obligations.
- Tax Associate will support with income / franchise tax services, including, but not limited to, review of tax return preparation, various tax research, preparation of technical memorandums and nexus analysis.
- Assist with sales & use tax services, including, but not limited to, state registrations and tax compliance, research on product / service taxability and state sales tax audits.
- Effectively communicate tax concepts, tax planning structures, and tax risks to manager.
- Research & manage new, as well as existing, tax incentive programs.
- Assist with development and implementation of robust internal tax compliance processes.
- Work closely with our accounting and legal teams on variety of relevant projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate with our global finance & tax team based in Berlin—to ensure group-wide compliance and to address intercompany consolidation topics.
- A critical thinker—Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Detail-oriented—careful and thorough in accomplishing tasks.
- Thorough—Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Tax, Finance or JD from a top university / college required; CPA or CPA eligible is a plus.
- 1-3 years of tax experience, ideally in multi-state environment, with solid understanding of sales & use tax concepts.
- Thorough understanding of accounting methods, bookkeeping and reconciliations.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, etc.) required; GoSystem software experience preferred.
- Ability to independently research and propose technology solutions that will allow us to efficiently scale our tax framework during a time of rapid expansion.
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive! Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.