Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Overview of company and opportunity:
We are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market (active in 9 markets on 3 continents). This is a truly unique opportunity: you get to build a Canadian startup from the ground up, but with the global knowledge and resources of the largest company to emerge from Europe in the last 5 years. Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive.
We are fast-paced and love the food world! Learn more about us at HelloFresh.ca.
About the role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, data-driven, and food-obsessed candidate to build and manage our supply base across Canada. Success in this role requires a rare combination of analytical problem solving, operations instinct, interpersonal skills, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get dirty, with direct experience in the food industry preferred.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships across multiple ingredient categories.
- Establish supplier performance KPIs, and create and implement performance improvement plans.
- Develop and lead sourcing engagements, including: how we'll approach the market, who we'll partner with, our negotiations strategy, and our execution plans.
- Work with suppliers to develop new products, managing each project from inception through production.
- Uncover and implement cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes, improving processes, and optimizing the supplier network.
- Ensure consistent ingredient quality, defining product standards and specifications.
- Travel nationally to suppliers and HelloFresh production sites.
- Learn everything about our processes today and help us optimize and scale them 10X. Envision what needs to be built, prove it with data, and help it get built.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of high-performance work experience in strategic sourcing, including negotiations and supplier management, or relevant business experience with a large food company, CPG, packing house, or retailer in the food industry.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for food and a burning desire to build a better food system in Canada!
- Data-driven: you possess strong analytical ability, and can visualize different ways to manipulate data to draw conclusions and identify potential problems.
- A great teacher and influencer: you're able to train people to use new tools, regardless of their technical abilities, and can convince them to adopt new processes to improve the way things are done.
- Entrepreneurial and a hustler: you do whatever it takes to get the job done and enjoy being in the trenches.
Why you’ll love this job:
- You’ll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- We’re a startup within a startup. We’re nimble but we have the institutional knowledge and the global resources to make HelloFresh a sure-fire Canadian success. You can get in at the ground level.
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
- You'll have the chance to put your stamp on a crazy-high-growth company and make a difference in the way Canadians eat, from coast to coast.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.