HelloFresh, Newark, NJ
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
Production Manager Job Description:
As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for driving continuous development to warehouse safety, quality, cost, and delivery initiatives while building and maintaining relationships with hourly associates, managers, carrier partners, vendors, and various departments within HelloFresh US. This position calls for a candidate who is detailed oriented, improvement driven and will thrive in an everchanging work environment. The Production Manager role is the perfect blend of shop floor hands-on experience and elevated execution of strategies and tactics for success.
- Directly lead a teams in Production including: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems
- Allocate, schedule, and maintain labor resources approved by production leadership
- Monitor communication between multiple production lines to eliminate downtime
- Establish procedures, metrics and processes to drive optimization and impact production
- Analyze and identify areas of improvement in cost savings, production, and lead times
- Develop and administer operational procedures for executing activities for outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of quality
- Create, learn, and assist on strategic planning and forecasting to improve existing production issues
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
- Have a hybrid role between shop floor management and high-level strategy
- Develop and share best practices across the shifts and HelloFresh network
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced leadership, presentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Proven ability to effectively motivate, develop, and manage 50+ employees. Our culture is a critical part of our success, and you need to help drive it
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills
- Proven ability to quickly adapt and drive the right results using data
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business or other applicable field of study or 8+ years related production experience required
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of production management experience
- Must be proficient with computer hardware and software. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required. Experience with Google Sheets and Suite preferred
- Food & Beverage experience highly preferred
- Experience with KPI driven performance highly preferred
- Experience with GMP, food safety, food quality, and OSHA regulations highly preferred
- USDA, HACCP, SQF, and/or BRC experience highly preferred
- Certification and/or experience in Lean Six Sigma - Green Belt certification preferred
- Must be flexible to work weekends and/or nightshifts
- High School diploma/GED required
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager - People Technology
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Part-Time Launch Coordinator at Ritual
Ritual, San Francisco
Supply and Demand Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Advisor – Sales, Wynwood
Warby Parker, Miami, FL
International Content Manager
Ellation, San Francisco
Travel Intrapreneur (for Bicycle Travel)
Ventura TRAVEL, Berlin (or any other location)