VP Business Development & Strategic Product Development (m/f/x)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation as well as smart and fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless. We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Based in our modern Berlin office and reporting to the CEO International, we are looking for you to join our team as the responsible person for driving Business Development as well as Strategic Product Development across our international markets.
About the job
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Development Leader with in-depth customer understanding to help us expand, diversify and leverage our product portfolio across multiple markets. Directly reporting into our CEO International you will work on some of most important and interesting projects that HelloFresh offers. As our new VP Business Development & Strategic Product Development based in Berlin, our global HQ, you will define the strategy for business expansion within and beyond our existing markets and play a key role in contributing to the HelloFresh success story.
- Derive the Business and Product Development strategy from our company mission and our ambitious growth plans for the coming years
- Manage our strategic growth agenda company-wide
- Execute special projects with high level of autonomy to push our growth through increased market penetration and geographical expansion, including exploration and management of M&A opportunities
- Spearhead Product Improvement and Development across our international markets from ideation over product definition and concept testing until market introduction together with our local and international cross-functional teams
- Work with Operations, Tech and Marketing for launches of new geographies and product innovations in close collaboration with local markets, incl. roll-out planning and ensuring Ops readiness
- Manage an existing, strong and highly motivated Business & Product Development team
Who we’re looking for
- Min. 8 years’ professional experience in a high performance culture environment (Consulting, GrowthCo, Banking, etc.)
- Masters degree with excellent grades from a top tier university in Business, Economics or another related field of study
- Strong track record in both strategy planning and development as well as successful and hands-on project management and implementation
- Experience managing a team of min. 5 people
- Ideally with a background and keen interest in Food/FMCG
To be successful in this role you should
- Feel at home in a fast-paced, demanding and data driven startup environment, hungry for expansion
- Be able to develop business cases and challenge inputs rigorously
- Come with strong analytical skills including the ability to summarize quantitative concepts into a digestible format
- Have experience managing a multitude of stakeholders across different geographies and departments in order to push initiatives and get buy-in
- Be an inspirational leader who sets clear direction and knows how to get the best from your teams
- Use your collaborative strengths and act as a team player as well as thrive in a large international and geographically dispersed team
- Be fluent in English (additional languages such as French, German, Dutch, Swedish and/or Danish are a plus)
What we offer
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- Close interaction with the board members
- A vibrant, international environment
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Competitive compensation incl. stock options
- Sabbatical policy & option to participate in our company pension scheme
- Benefit from our selection of employee perks (significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes, discount on the HelloFreshGO vending machines, free German classes, Geek Friday, discounts for our neighboring Fitness Studio & Urban Sports Club, annual budget for training and development initiatives, weekly Yoga Classes, Summer & Winter Party)
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application including your earliest starting date.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Jobs You May Like
Brand Partnerships Manager - London
Whistle Sports, London
Big Data Engineer - Chicago
Kogentix, Schaumburg, IL
Business Development Internship (min. 6 months, Dutch-speaking)
Honeypot GmbH, Amsterdam
Director, Corporate Development & Strategy
DraftKings, Boston, MA
Partnerships Portfolio Manager
MealPal, New York
Advertising Inventory Analyst
DraftKings, New York, NY