Category Manager - Protein
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Overview of company and opportunity:
We are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market (active in 9 markets on 3 continents). This is a truly unique opportunity: you get to build a Canadian startup from the ground up, but with the global knowledge and resources of the largest company to emerge from Europe in the last 5 years. Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive.
We are fast-paced and love the food world! Learn more about us at HelloFresh.ca.
About the role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, data-driven, and food-obsessed candidate to build and manage our protein (meat and seafood) supply chain across Canada. Success in this role requires a rare combination of analytical problem solving, operations instinct, interpersonal skills, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get dirty, with direct experience in the protein industry.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships across the protein category.
- Establish supplier performance KPIs, and create and implement performance improvement plans.
- Develop and lead sourcing engagements, including: how we'll approach the market, who we'll partner with, our negotiations strategy, and our execution plans.
- Work with suppliers to develop new products, managing each project from inception through production.
- Uncover and implement cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes, improving processes, and optimizing the supplier network.
- Ensure consistent ingredient quality, defining product standards and specifications.
- Travel nationally to suppliers and HelloFresh production sites.
- Learn everything about our processes today and help us optimize and scale them 10X. Envision what needs to be built, prove it with data, and help it get built.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of high-performance work experience in meat and/or seafood, ideally in a buying or strategic sourcing role, with experience in negotiations and supplier management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for food and a burning desire to build a better food system in Canada!
- Data-driven: you possess strong analytical ability, and can visualize different ways to manipulate data to draw conclusions and identify potential problems.
- A great teacher and influencer: you're able to train people to use new tools, regardless of their technical abilities, and can convince them to adopt new processes to improve the way things are done.
- Entrepreneurial and a hustler: you do whatever it takes to get the job done and enjoy being in the trenches.
Why you’ll love this job:
- You’ll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- We’re a startup within a startup. We’re nimble but we have the institutional knowledge and the global resources to make HelloFresh a sure-fire Canadian success. You can get in at the ground level.
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
- You'll have the chance to put your stamp on a crazy-high-growth company and make a difference in the way Canadians eat, from coast to coast.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Associate Scientist, Upstream Lentiviral Vector Process Development
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Customer Success Manager
Appboy, San Francisco
Rider Supply Associate
East Africa Logistics Specialist
Zipline, East Africa
Sr. FC Area Manager(인천/덕평)/물류센터 담당자
Coupang, Seoul (HQ)
Senior Project Manager