Director of Strategic Sourcing, Procurement
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are looking for an experienced, high potential, and strategy driven procurement expert who is interested in helping procurement operations revolutionize its end to end sourcing process. You will work directly with our leadership and category teams to build out a road map for one of the fastest growing startups to come out of Europe! Your time will be spent developing and implementing cross team strategic sourcing processes, contract/vendor management practices, and other areas of continuous improvement. We are looking for a hands-on, numbers-driven leader with a focus on impact and action. This person will have a seat at the table and be given the opportunity to make decisions that will impact the entire company.
You will ...
- Bring innovative and strategic thought leadership to identify additional cost and operational efficiencies across US Procurement Operations in all facilities
- Develop and implement strategic sourcing practices across all categories from ingredients to packaging procurement that optimize process, reduce risk and increase profitability
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement through effective project management, use of retrospectives and by identifying new capabilities and processes that drive efficiency and improve our cost basis
- Leverage internal and external networking and industry benchmarking to understand, recommend, and implement best practices through collaboration with operations and business leadership
- Oversee and develop a comprehensive procurement supplier/contract management processes inclusive of systems and tools to promote agility in purchasing
- Manage the supply risk by improving/building a strong supplier base in alignment with Company business objectives and values, and emerging product needs
- Determine when additional or alternate sources are required, and implementing proactive strategies to minimize product flow disruptions
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and partner with internal facility management and project delivery teams to drive both immediate and sustained benefits to the Company and our Customers
- Take ownership and develop procurement analytics systems (including market, supplier, and SKU analysis) to drive continuous improvement and identify opportunities for cost reduction
- Develop and mentor a team of analysts (direct and indirect reports) across the procurement function as well as coach and mentor peer directors and procurement leads
- Be the subject matter expert in all things related to procurement and strategic sourcing
- Obsessed with food!
- An analytical and a problem-solving expert who uses data to drive decisions
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Entrepreneurial and can make things happen
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and limited direction
- Comfortable making split-second decisions with far reaching consequences
- A Negotiations Expert with strong financial analytical and negotiation skills required as you will coordinate and negotiate with multiple suppliers
- Passionate about our business and committed to its growth
At a minimum, you have...
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain or related discipline, CPM certification a plus, MBA a plus
- Total of 8+ years of experience including both a consulting and procurement sourcing background
- Vast knowledge and interest in strategic sourcing and continuous improvement processes
- Experience managing and leading a team of direct and indirect reports
- The ability to build and effectively communicate a strategic plan to employees at all levels from buyers to the CEO
- Quantitative and analytical experience (either through education or professional experience), including expertise with G-Suite, Excel and procurement systems
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Jobs You May Like
Heal, New York, New York