Payroll & Benefits Lead
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home-cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all of the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
Not only have we been named Europe’s fastest growing startup, but at just five years in, we’re the industry leader. Along the way, we’ve delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide, and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
So, if you’re keen to join a dynamic and energetic team on a journey to scale with your out-of-the-box thinking and rigorous problem solving, look no further. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll & Benefits Lead to join our incredible People Team.
The Payroll & Benefits Lead is a sole charge payroll role, making sure all our team get paid correctly, and on time! We have 2 payrolls – one monthly for all the salaries and one weekly for our hourly rate paid team, This role is part of the People team and works closely with the Finance team, so this very important role needs to be confident with data, analysis, legislation and compliance. While this role is payroll focused, this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to broaden their experience into reward and benefits. We want someone to grow with our changing needs, and we are very supportive of learning and development.
What you will do:
- Complete end to end payroll process for monthly and hourly paid staff
- Manage processes for P60s and P11Ds, advise business on employment tax issues
- Manage auto-enrolment and salary sacrifice benefit schemes, own all benefits and pension administration, and review and analyse current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures
- Audit all records, owning the record keeping and internal controls needed for payroll from an external and internal audit perspective
- Ensure that all monthly reporting is completed on time and in full; including but not limited to: global headcount report, forecasting payroll based on starters/leavers, reconciling variances between budget and actual personnel costs
- Ensure that credit card balance sheet account is reconciled to the credit card statement at the end of the month,
- Own HR data on BambooHR, ensure all employee data is up to date and accurate including holiday and sick leave administration, and create, send and file contracts of employment
- Manage on and off-boarding of access to employee systems including Bamboo, Google Apps, Workplace and BOB
- Ensure correct right to work checks are undertaken and documents stored
- Ad hoc HR data reporting for necessary stakeholders, and support and comply with company policies and procedures
- Experience in UK payroll, tax and reward experience
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- An interest in food!
- Relevant qualification or certification
- High degree of accuracy, are data driven, and have meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with Oracle or Bamboo HR would be an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Fluent in English
What you will get in return:
- 70% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Free or discounted gym
- Breakfast everyday & regular food tastings
- Pension scheme contribution
- Fantastic social activities (we once transformed our office into a multilevel, mini golf course!)
If you think this sounds like you, and want to join one of the fastest growing European companies, click 'Apply' below!
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Jobs You May Like
Aspiring Head of School Leadership Program
Guidepost Montessori, Chicago, IL • Dallas, TX • New York, NY • Orange County, CA • Phoenix, AZ
Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
Group Nine Media, Group Nine Media- New York, NY
Retail Recruiter (High Volume)
Blue Bottle Coffee, Oakland
[CFS] Sr. Environment, Health & Safety Specialist (서울 장지)
Platform Architect (PCF)
Pivotal Software, Anywhere in Netherlands
Applications Program Manager
CollegeVine, Anywhere (Telecommute)