Senior Procurement Manager - Fresh Produce/Protein
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Here at HelloFresh, we’re passionate about bringing dinner inspiration to everyday Australians. With 8 years of service under our belt, we are the market leader in the growing world of meal kit delivery services, operating in 14 different countries.
As we continue to deliver fresh, seasonal ingredients and delicious, wholesome recipes to our customers, we see our inspired community of empowered home-cooks continue to grow, and you could be a part of it!
Are you energetic and motivated with a team focus? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment? If you're looking for a role that lets you make an impact every single day, we'd love to hear from you.
We have two brand new opportunities as Senior Procurement Manager for the “Produce, Herbs and Fruits” (PHF) or “Protein” Categories with HelloFresh Australia. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will lead the strategy setting, act as a point of escalation and drive process improvement initiatives across your category.
We are looking for an ambitious, confident, entrepreneurial and high-spirited procurement professional with strong leadership experience, food Industry expertise and both the analytical and soft skills to tackle tough challenges.
- Manage a team of 2-3 members, including Category Manager(s) and a Quality Assurance Specialist
- Lead the category strategy and roadmap creation exercise
- Work closely with the Head of Procurement & your category team to develop the Category budget for PHF or Protein based on roadmap and projected savings
- Support category managers with high value negotiations with suppliers
- Drive high performance and achieve both qualitative and quantitative targets in the execution of strategic sourcing projects
- Build out supplier relationships and tightly monitor their performance in terms of delivering on time, in full and in quality through a robust Supplier Relationship Management framework
- Support the team with new product developments - find new SKUs, culinary testing, FSQA on boarding etc
- Lead process improvement initiatives across the category, optimising and standardising cross-category where possible
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and improve workings between Procurement and other teams
- Work very closely with buying team to drive operational improvements
- Have end-to-end ownership of your category
You are/have ...
- Vast knowledge and interest in food
- Exceptional written and spoken communication
- Bachelor’s degree / Masters in Supply Chain/Procurement (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of procurement, supply chain or purchasing experience, of which 2+ years in strategic sourcing
- Food Industry and PHF or Protein category experience
- Management Consulting (Procurement/Supply Chain) experience will be highly regarded (but not a must)
- 2+ years experience leading a team
- Strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Excellent Quantitative and analytical experience, including solid comfort with Excel
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work
- Entrepreneurial and can make things happen
What you'll get in return...
- The opportunity to get into one of the fasted growing food businesses in Australia
- Heavily discounted HelloFresh boxes
- Lead a team in a brand new role and really make it your own
- Direct, high impact on our future operations setup
- Freedom to realise your ideas to create effective solutions
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Mentoring and coaching by senior management
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
Start date: Can wait a notice period - role is immediately available
**Applications will be reviewed January 2021**
We are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To put it simply, everyone is welcome at our table.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.