Produce Quality Manager
HelloFresh, Banbury or Nuneaton
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
At just 9 years in, we’re the industry leader and have delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
But most importantly, it’s our incredible people who make HelloFresh what it is. We thrive on giving our employees an inclusive working environment, in which they have access to development opportunities and in which their voices are heard and valued every day. This helps us best reflect and serve our customers.
So if you’re keen to join a caring, fun and energetic team, look no further!
About the job:
At HelloFresh we take the quality of our ingredients, and our customer satisfaction, very seriously. We’re on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home-cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all of the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
We are looking for an experienced Produce Quality Manager to ensure that our fruit, veg and fresh herbs meet our high standard requirements before they reach the consumer. The Quality Manager will work with suppliers to help educate them on our way of working and therefore our expectations for produce quality and specifications. The Quality Manager will also inspect the final product, both at suppliers and at our distribution centres, to make sure it complies with agreed specs, and support upskilling others in the business towards the same goal.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for ensuring that suppliers continue to develop and implement best practice that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste. They will also be responsible for ensuring our PHF suppliers continue to meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction.
What you will be doing:
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of corrective actions of supplier quality issues. Work closely with suppliers to ensure highest quality delivered. Report on these initiatives
- End to end review and development of Produce Quality Control Processes (internal & external) and tools, working closely with our Goods In team and suppliers
- Monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance. Trend non-conformances and implement corrective actions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Timely response to quality issues at our distribution centres and suppliers to ensure customer availability and quality is not compromised
- Work with the Produce Technologist and Procurement to ensure that suppliers and product specifications are optimised for quality, and included in supplier agreements from the start
- Line management of a direct report; working together to strengthen our produce quality offering
- Supplier market mapping (using existing knowledge)
- Running of crop report weekly and coordinating with suppliers
- Review of internal QC process & inspections (rejections, quality scores etc.)
- General upkeep and education on product quality/seasonality across business
- General day to day education on PHF products with appropriate stakeholders
Who you are:
- 5 years + experience within produce quality, particularly around specifications and goods in checks
- Excellent contacts within the UK, and global, produce industry
- Additional food quality & safety qualifications highly desirable (e.g. agronomy)
- High quality mindset
- Strong in communication and negotiation skills. Adept at pragmatic approaches to solving time sensitive issues
- Willing and practiced in decision making; stays calm even in challenging situations
- Energised working in a fast paced environment; ability to multitask with different and competing workstreams
- Willingness to travel (mainly within the UK though some overseas travel may be required) and spend 50% of your time out at suppliers. The remaining 50% will be spent at our distribution centres (Banbury and Nuneaton), with monthly trips to our office (London - though we are currently home working)
- Willingness to work Tuesday - Saturday highly desirable
- Valid UK driving license
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 70% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Free local gym access or private healthcare
- Pension scheme contribution
- Fantastic social activities
- High level of responsibility from day one
- Free daily breakfast and desk beers every Friday (when we’re back in the office!)
Level and progression:
A Manager is responsible for a part of a larger function with limited guidance from senior management, proactively delivering a set of objectives for the team, aligning with wider function.
From there, you can progress to a Senior Manager level within the same function, or progress sideways to a role in another team at HelloFresh for which you have transferable skills.
Start date: ASAP
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire or Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Recruitment process: First, you will have a phone interview (experience and cultural fit) with a member of our Talent Acquisition team. If successful, you will be invited to a two separate competency video interviews and present a case study during the last one.
If you think this sounds like you, and want to join one of the fastest growing European companies, click 'Apply' below!
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, religion
All our sites in the UK are wheelchair accessible.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Brewing up the future, today.