HelloFresh, Mississauga, ON
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a permanent/full-time Maintenance Technician for the Mississauga Distribution Center. The Maintenance Technician position is a key role in our facility and we are looking for someone who is diligent with a strong attention to detail. This position is accountable for the facilities; ensuring the packaging systems and equipment are operating safely, and in compliance pursuant to safety regulations and company operating standards.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to projects to improve efficiency using automation;
- Work with our Food Safety and Sanitation teams to ensure all automated equipment is meeting regulatory standards;
- Perform preventive/predictive maintenance of conveyance equipment using the appropriate job plans, procedures, and manuals;
- Train new hires according to training plan for machine operation;
- Conduct machine calibration and preventative maintenance activities;
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment failures and work along with Production for alternatives under downtime;
- Maintain and repair distribution center racking, walkies, power trucks, dock doors and perform repairs in the facility for a clean and steady operation
- Inspect facility on a periodic interval for damage, fire extinguishers and exits to maintain our regulatory compliance and perform repairs as required.
- Assist and support facilities and maintenance projects, programs and initiatives
- Maintain and store department inventory, including spare parts and keep records documented.
- Responsible for practicing and adhering to Food Safety, GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Health and Safety.
- Responsible for practicing and adhering to Chefs Plate policies and best practices.
At minimum, you have:
- Post-secondary Education in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering Diploma or equivalent
- At least one year experience in a food processing or service environment
- Skilled in using basic hand tools, power tools and measuring tools
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Overtime, weekend, evening and holiday work, as required
- Must be willing and able to handle exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without accommodation
What you’ll get in return:
- A company culture that promotes out of the box thinking
- Competitive salary
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- High level of responsibility from day one
- Working with a fun, energetic and supportive team
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
See jobs at Bluecore